Chapter 15

Katniss and I woke up to the sound of frantic pounding on the door.

We grabbed our clothes from the floor and quickly put them on, Katniss hurried to fix her hair.
"Just say you were in bed, and that you're only just awake" I whispered
I walked slowly, feeling exhausted. Katniss trailed behind me, yawning.

I fiddled with the locks opening the door.

I didn't see it coming, I mean I really didn't.
I thought it would be Haymitch or something, but it wasn't.

The punch hit me square on the jaw before I knew what was happening.
Another one hit me on the side of the face.
"What the hell!" I heard Katniss scream.
He had me by the shirt I threw a punch.

That's when I realised who it was. . .
Gale

"Did you do what I think you did to her last night" he yelled.

"What! No, of course not" I yelled back, "What do you think I did anyway?"

"I know what I saw, and that looked just a little fucking bit forced upon her" he screamed.

"What! Nothing was forced upon me! Peeta would never do that! And why the hell were you watching us anyway" Katniss yelled

"He was hurting you, he's a monster, he's playing mind games" he told her

What. No I'm not.

"Peeta's not a monster, he'd never hurt me. I love him Gale, I always will love him. I'm engaged to him. We're getting married." She screamed, tears rolling down her face.
I put my arm around her

"I don't want you in my life, not anymore. Not after you killed. . . Not after . . . You ki- killed Prim" she said, starting to sob, she put her face to my chest.

"Just leave." She managed to choke out. "Just leave and never come back"

"It's okay" I whispered, so that only Katniss could hear.

"No! I won't leave, because he's only going to hurt you again"

"He never has. . . But you have"

"I'm not going to leave" He yelled. "No, I'm not, because you will" he said gesturing at me.

"No way" I told him. "Just leave, please"

"I'm staying here, you're going to kill her!" He yelled. He lunged towards me again, Katniss was still curled up to my chest, I turned to shield her from the hit, bracing myself for the impact.
But it didn't come.

"That's not very nice now, now I've got an axe in my hand, and I don't mind killing you, so if you'll just co-operate and allow me to drag you by the totally awesome headlock I've got you in. I won't have to kill you"

"You don't have an axe, you're a girl"

"That's sexist" Johanna said placing the blade to the side of his neck, "So are you leaving or not?"

"Yeah, I'll leave" he choked, she was cutting off his breath.

"Okay, now when you leave, you're not to come back... Ever"

"Okay" he said gasping. Johanna dragged him out of the open door and out of our sight.

"He saw everything" she whispered "I'm so embarrassed"

"We couldn't of known" I mumbled pressing my lips to her hair "You know, I love you"

Her voice was barely audible when she spoke, "Forever and Always"