Chapter 11

Katniss froze for a second, but then she slammed the door on his face, he banged the door to get in. She wouldn't open it, she ran into my outstretched arms and started crying.

"He killed her" she sniffed "She'd still be alive if it wasn't for him. But she's not. She's dead"

I squeezed her tightly

"Why is he even here?" She asked as sobs ran through her body.

"I don't know" I said stroking her back

Gale was still banging at the door yelling some not-so-nice words.

Half an hour later he left, or at least shut up, Katniss had stop crying now, well mostly anyway, she was still sniffing a little bit, I was sitting on the floor beside her with my arm around her.

"It's okay Katniss, everything's going to be okay"

"Will he come back?" She asked

"No" I told her, this wasn't necessarily true, he could come back, but I didn't want her worrying.

"I'll go check on the dinner" I told her, kissing her quickly.

"Okay" she whispered.

She followed me into the kitchen and I managed to save the dinner. I put the dinner onto two different plates. I handed a plate to Katniss.

"Here" I said sitting down opposite her.

"Thanks" she said.

We ate dinner in silence.

We finished dinner but stayed in our seats

"Katniss, are you okay?" I asked "Answer me honestly"

"No, not really" she admitted

"What is it exactly?" I asked, "We don't have to get married if you don't want to"

"No, no, of course I still want to marry you Peeta, I love you."

"Well that's a relief, but what is it?"

"Well the last few days, I've been thinking a lot about Prim, I've been having nightmares, and Lori said some things about her, and then Gale arrived, and I don't know what to do!" She exclaimed

"Oh Katniss" I said walking over to her

I kissed the side of her jaw

"If you're having an nightmare please wake me, we can avoid these people. Katniss, I want you to be happy, I don't care if we stay in the house all day to avoid them as long as you're happy."

"Thank you" she whispers.

"Want to watch a movie?" She asks

"Sure" I ask "You can pick the movie"

Katniss selected a movie.

It was a scary one and several times she jumped back and buried her face in the corner of my neck.

"I love you" she whispered.

"I love you too, forever and always"