💌journal entry #182 ~ chapter 11💌

November 15th, 2017

Today, John made me listen to music for the first time in years.

He has a very vast taste in music! He listens to 'rock' which varies from hardcore to soft and vintage. He likes a lot of the top hits of Metallica to the Beatles! He also likes soft acoustics, generally specified as indie. He likes this one artist named Dodie Clark, and he made me listen to all of her songs with him. She is starting to grow on me as well.

His music taste says a lot of about his personality. He is tough. He is a cougar, fighting its way, not only to victory, but for the right of protection of his clan.

He is also soft, flowing through life like the waves of a calm breezy sea. His heart makes the decisions for himself.

He played me this one song on his phone: Intertwined by Dodie Clark.

"Some of the lyrics remind me of you,"
he said.

Oh, how I was filled with such joy! To think that he heard a song and immediately related it to me is heartwarming.

I must say, it also reminds me of myself as well.

"Oh, I'm afraid of the things in my brain.

But we can stay here,

and laugh away the fear."

John makes me feel courageous. I want to protect him as well.

On other words, Peggy hasn't been back yet from her elder sisters' dorm. Though, she calls in twice a day to let us know that she's okay. Eliza and Maria have already made up, but Peggy decided to stay for a while longer, to bond with her sisters.

John is still worried, though.

"She called this morning," I told him, "She's alright."

I want to mean something to John, just as much as Peggy does.

I want something special like what they have. With John.

A man can dream, perhaps?

A. Ham