Wake (JB ft. Jackson)

Notes: There are some important text images so internet connection is necessary. This was written on the reader's perspective so the name used is Y/N. Italicised words means it's a flashback.

It was the sixth of January. It was his birthday.

We have been friends for only a short time but I was known for being the observant type. I can sense when something is happening with just vague details. I can learn so many things just by looking at the surroundings.

These are the reasons why I knew, without being told, that the sixth of January was his birthday.

The sun was still asleep when I woke up. Instinctively, I grabbed my phone, which always lies beside me so I can hear my alarm. I don't know how I managed to type the words without making mistakes even though my eyes don't want to leave the comforting dark world.

 I don't know how I managed to type the words without making mistakes even though my eyes don't want to leave the comforting dark world

I pressed the send button and was about to cover myself with my blanket for an overtime in dreamland but I realised... I was not sleepy anymore.

I did my morning rituals and attended my classes for that day. Tuesday goes to Socio-Anthropology, English, History, and Earth Science.

 Tuesday goes to Socio-Anthropology, English, History, and Earth Science

Great. There goes my only chance for free lunch. My house is an hour ride from the school so I can't go to his party. Curfew.

By 1:30 in the afternoon, we were dismissed. I asked my classmate Lindy to accompany me to the cafeteria because our classes were straight six hours. I'm starving. Together, we went to the ground floor and later on, we were joined by our classmates Ashley and Sebastian.

We were sitting silently on our table when he passed by my direction. It seemed like he was looking for someone. I was about to call him when my phone vibrated. I checked the message and it was from him, asking me where I was. As far as I remember, I'm not that short. How could he not notice me?

"JB!" I called him, a little blushing because the others were looking at me. They know I treat Jaebum as a brother but of course, they couldn't help but think we might have secret feelings for each other.