Untouchable (Youngjae)

(In celebration of Youngjae's birthday, here's a fic with the picture above as prompt.)

Warning: Language, Explicit Scenes.

The now familiar bright hall full of insincere glamorous people doesn't amuse you, and so you stay at a corner sipping on wine you need to survive the rest of the evening. You've been attending this kind of parties ever since you're little--you know each and every person in this massive hall, especially what field they're in and who will be beneficial for you.

Jackson, who knows everyone's life story; Yugyeom, who is still in the process of matching names with positions. There's Mark who will inherit their family business, like you're destined to do. There's Bambam who is a rising fashion icon, your bestfriend. There's Jinyoung who has put up his own firm, a sought of bachelor your parents are trying to set up with you, to no success. Jaebeom, the older son of a rival family, and Youngjae, his younger brother and the reason why all these socialites are gathered in the biggest event place in the city.

He has announced his engagement to Alodia Kim, the half-American, half-Korean heiress of the leading pharmaceutical company in the country.

Wine never tasted this sour.

Choi Youngjae isn't smiling as he receives congratulations from pretentious old ladies. From where you stand, you can feel just how much the fiancé wants to put down his numbing arm as he's been trying to hold Alodia Kim by the waist for an hour now. Youngjae isn't fond of public display of affection, much more forced ones. You down the last of your drink finding relief that he's at least suffering like you are.

"There you are," a man's voice makes you look away from the stars of the night. Park Jinyoung, looking dashing in his expensive suit and tie, raises an eyebrow at you.

"Yes, Jinyoung?" you don't hide the disinterest.

"Your mother told me to accompany you before you get too drunk and cause a scene," he says, eyeing your now empty glass.

You smirk. Cause a scene? You're not a child whose candy was stolen. You're not some teenage girl trying to turn this to a Romeo and Juliet story.

You're a grown woman who knows how the business world works. Love is never in the equation. At a young age, you know that your marriage won't be with a prince who swept you off your feet. He will be a prince, but one that can strengthen your kingdoms because of his wealth and connections.

Choi Youngjae is rich, yes, but as his family is in the same industry, he's ineligible of being your king. He's a direct competitor, and such union can be more destructive than helpful.

"You're too obvious. Stop glaring at them," Jinyoung tells you in a low voice.

He knows your affair with Youngjae. When Jinyoung first met you, he genuinely wanted to try being in good terms with you. You'll inherit one of the leading manufacturing companies in the country, while he deals with distribution. It will be a win-win if you end up together.

But you refuse him flatly, telling him that you don't need him to be successful. The venture will help you both, yes, but you will not pay it with your life and freedom. Though Jinyoung assured that he won't interfere with your affairs, your strong belief in fairness doesn't let it go.

So he abandoned any plans of pursuing you and tried to be your friend. He succeeded, to the point that he found out the tragic story between you and the enemy.

"Do you think it's Jaebeom's idea?" you ask, shifting your attention to the older of the siblings.

You know Jaebeom for being ruthless. He'll be your direct contender once the company has been passed down to you. At the present, he managed to close a deal that your father was trying to get for your own company. He's already ahead of you in this battle.