Secret Santa (Yugyeom)

Your hand was restless. It wasn't hard to pick a gift for him, given that he made a clear wish list for his Secret Santa, but the thought that he would receive something from you was nerve-wracking. What if you picked the worst brand of chocomilk? What if your gift wrap is ugly? It was supposed to be a simple exchange gift, but if you know your crush is at the receiving end, everything could go wrong.

"Okay, now who got Kim Yugyeom as their giftee?" Jackson, the host, called out. Yugyeom was done giving what he brought for Jinyoung of Sales, so he was standing at the stage with bright hopeful eyes. "Come on now, Yugyeom is excited to meet you!"

You winced at the thought. You have talked to Yugyeom before, so it wasn't like you'll meet him the first time. He was assigned to give a tour to the new employees, and you may have asked him once or twice where Mr. Tuan is. He must have retained your existence in his subconscious to a degree.

"Oh, there you go!" Jackson announced at the microphone, and even with your head bowed as you walk towards the stage, you knew he was pointing at you enthusiastically.

You passed by Bambam's table, and Yugyeom's bestfriend shouted "Nice one, Gyeom!" as if teasing. If what for, you didn't have the time to wonder.

You ascended and found yourself next to Yugyeom. One glance and you knew you wouldn't be able to say a thing. It was great that you prepared a letter and put it inside your gift, because there was no way you could look at Kim Yugyeom and tell him about your feelings without malfunctioning.

Why did he have to wear that huge coat and cute scarf? He was a sight.

"You are?" Jackson offered you the microphone to tell everyone your name and what department you are from. You just mumbled fast; they wouldn't need to remember it anymore. Jackson patted your shoulders, a disguised nudge so you would stand closer to Yugyeom.

"Thank you," your crush said after you hastily pushed the box to his stomach. You were too embarrassed to do anything else. "Your ribbon is cute."

He didn't touch your head, but you felt your blood surge up there. Why was he so nice, he would tell you your ribbon was cute even though your friend just couldn't manager your hair and decided to just put a huge ribbon to disguise the mess. It's not meant tobe cute; it's functional!

"I don't know what you got for me, but it must be expensive because it's weighty," Yugyeom said further, weighing your gift on one hand, "I'm sorry my thank you gift must not be that worthy."

"Oh, wow, Kim Yugyeom even brought a thank you gift! What a nice young man!" Jackson told the audience.

You took the small box and tried to look up so you could thank Yugyeom sincerely. But you've never seen him that close, attention only at you. You quickly looked down.m, cheeks heating up. "Thank you."

-

It's December 23, and you're supposed to meet Yugyeom.

You couldn't believe it. He knew you were the one who got him for the Secret Santa, so he prepared a thank you gift with a pair of tickets and a letter inside. According to the letter, Yugyeom has taken an interest in you, and would like to ask you out to watch the giant Christmas tree lighting. The ticket would give you a table for two near the tree, and you would be served hot chocolate while waiting for the kights to go on.

You let out a squeal that freaked out your roommate.

You remembered the hot chocolate packs you bought for him. Did he like them? Opposed to what he thought, those were on sale so you bought a lot. They weren't expensive at all. What if it was on sales because they taste bad? Would Yugyeom not meet up with you anymore? What will he tell you when you come back for work after New Year's? Would he not be interested to get to know you anymore?