A Twisted Fairytale (Jinyoung)

The tavern was full of drunk men again, but none that you couldn't handle. It was a necessity to be strong, not only because you ran away from your poor future with nothing but a sack of rags, but also given your beauty, you've been endangered once too many. It was a curse, you admitted to yourself, to be born with great elegance, but of no protection. It was a miracle your older brother was a knight and could teach you basics of swords fighting. Without that, you wouldn't have been able to survive the world alone.

"Hey, Miss Dreamy. I've been waiting to have a chat with you for... a few months now," Jackson, a patron who was always too drunk to remember his way home, stood in your way rather wobbly, making you shake your head.

You made them know you as Miss Dreamy, not wanting your parents hear of where you've gone after an argument that made you pack your tattered dresses, and go as far as you could. You would earn sneers from your father and begs from your mother, until they would force you to come back and marry the miller's son. No, you didn't want your future to be that dull. Your beauty was compared to that of a princess growing up. Why would you settle with corn and flour, when you could be riding carriages and wearing the most intricate gowns with a handsome man offering you the world's riches?

You just needed a chance. Like how Cinderella got a night away from her cleaning duties and met a prince at the ball. Or Ariel, who was a mermaid, for heaven's sake, yet managed to catch another prince. Your dreams were the only thing you're holding on. It helps you face all the adversaries.-or tonight, Jackson.

"The lady doesn't seem to be interested on what you're planning to say, Sir," someone assumed from behind your whiney customer.

Jackson turned to the man, giving you the chance to see your supposed saviour. He was, for your lack of education and vocabulary, gorgeous. You've heard some noblemen described you as that before offering you gold to spend the night with them. You understood it as meaning of good looks then, and awakening a desire inside them that needed to be satiated.

That was what you first felt for the stranger. With his perfect hair, looking smooth despite being brushed up-you're convinced he used something expensive to style it, his eyes were dazzling, with untold stories. His lips were luscious, plump and red.

"Who the fuck are you?" Jackson slurred. He looked at the stranger's immaculate clothes and noted their difference with his filthy ones. "The fuck you come from?"

The man stood up a little leaner; his posture was one you could never perfect. Since you've dreamt of being in a better status, you've also practiced acting like one. The easiness on his shoulders was something a mere commoner who carries pints of beers all night wouldn't be able to imitate. "I am Jinyoung. I came from the palace to observe the commonpeople. And I am not impressed."

Your eyes widened-of course, a prince! Who else would look that marvelous if not of royalty? You had heard from your brother that they serve a young prince, and he was a little laid back, but he has the potential to be a just ruler. If this really was that prince, you would hate Jaebeom for not mentioning how handsome he looked. Jinyoung, you played his name in your head. Prince Jinyoung has come to save me.

"Yes?"

You gasped to yourself. How could you stupidly say that out loud? You're not making a good first impression to the prince. He's now looking at you with curiosity in his eyes. He probably thinks you're odd.

"What prince? If you're a prince, where's your carriage, huh? What are you doing here?" Jackson continued to garble.

He had a point though, so you looked at Prince Jinyoung with hopeful eyes.

He smiled at you gently, and somehow, you believed that his smile would win wars. "I was travelling light, watching how people act without knowing who I really am. I may not be able to show you a carriage right now, but here." He carefully took a handkerchief from his pocket. He gently laid it out for you to see the royal crest. You knew that because your brother, Jaebeom, had that logo on his armour when he came home a year ago. "I hope this is enough proof that you should heed my words, and leave the lady alone."