Chapter Thirteen

Laying in bed, with ice on your left temple, and towel draped over your eyes, you sighed, as it was in the middle of the night, yet your migraine only dulled.

     Getting up to get some new ice, and tea, you made your way down to the mess hall, rubbing your temple on the way. As you opened one of the doors, you saw a bright candlelight illuminating one of the closer tables. Further inspection showed that it was the Corporal. You mumbled a apology, for you were not in the mood to argue, "sorry Captain, for disrupting the silence." You walked over to the kitchen, where there was an ice box, and you grabbed some more ice, and put the old back.

     Impatiently waiting for the water to boil, you rubbed your temple. Once it was boiled, you swiftly took it off the flame, and put the teapot on a wooden tray, a teacup, and grabbed some tea leaves, letting them move into the hot water.

     Walking out into the huge room again, you heard the Captain say something. "Oi, come sit down." You changed direction, and went to sit down on one of the chairs closest to the Corporal. "Levi." He spoke. You gave him a confused look as you poured your tea into the cup. "Call me Levi." He spoke again. "Even if others are around?" You asked in a exhaustive tone. "In the future." He responded.

    That was a week ago. An expedition was currently scheduled for tomorrow. Everybody was in a mad dash to train, and try to work their nerves off.

     You were in Levi's room-or office- and helping him with paperwork. You were already fit, as you trained almost every morning, without others, as you were more advanced. But the terror when you slept was getting worse, as the date to leave the walls grew closer.

     Nights were filled with terror. And you dreaded them.

Hello everybody! I'm so sorry for the stupidly short new chapter and last chapter. If anybody gets migraines, ice really does help. I honestly don't know if they had ice boxes in this era, but I am going to say they did. As always, thank you for reading!