Chapter Thirty-Two

You rode around weaving into the forest, then out towards the back of the castle. The slight breeze moved your (H/C) hair around, making you sigh. Once you had gotten around to the back of the castle, a large field was shown. It was obviously overgrown, as what once looked like a path was only somewhat shorter grass.

You made your horse go into a gallop towards the back of the field. As you ran through the woods, a sudden drop scared your horse and you lurched forward. You cursed at him/her, and looked down. You were on a rock ledge that was connected to a hill. At the bottom of that hill was a huge lake.

You found a safe spot to go down onto the hill, and rode your horse all the way down. Crystal clear water was shown. Deciding that you would try to fish, you made a fishing pole, hid it, and rode back up to HQ.

You ate breakfast with everyone else, and told Levi that you would be exploring. Before he could stop you, you rode off towards the lake. You arrived, and picked up the fishing rod. Hooking a beetle on it, you swung it, resulting in it flying out into the lake.

Now it was time to wait. There might not be any fish in the water, but even so, it was so peaceful. You rarely found places like this inside the walls. Your horse was eating peacefully when your line suddenly jerked forward, and you felt a pull. Slowly getting up, you then pulled really hard and a decent sized fish flung out of the water at you.

You smiled, and grabbed a knife you brought with you, and sliced the fishes' stomach, and gutted it. You then sat there and used the insides as bait.

When evening fell upon the sky, you had caught twelve decent sized fish. At least enough to change up people's diets. You then hopped back on your horse, and rode back up towards HQ.

You ran into the mess hall with the fish, and then ran into the kitchen. You then retrieved the fish from the carcass, and began the process of seasoning them with the small amount of hidden salt that you had, and then cooked them. Levi walked in with a teapot and teacup and looked at you odd, then sniffed the air. A look of delight and confusion swept across his face. Then anger appeared. "Where the hell were you brat?"

You didn't reply, and just continued to cook the fish, then started plating them. You took quite a bit for yourself, as you had not eaten since breakfast. Levi grabbed a small piece while you were distracted and actually grinned.

Voices started to fill the mess hall, and you quickly put soup and bread on the trays as well. Going out into the mess hall, and standing on one of the chairs, you then yelled, "Listen up! I made you something different! So you better like it!" Murmuring began as you stepped down, and noticed a few new faces. Assuming it was the new recruits, you walked into the kitchen and started to grab plates.

You walked out and started to put trays on a table for people to take. Finally, you got to sit down and eat. People came up to you, and complemented you. A new recruit came up to you, he had two-toned hair and looked like a horse. He then spoke, "Hey, that looked really good, and was. I bet you are the same way." He then smirked at you, and you just replied, "Go piss up a rope." It took all of your might to not start to laugh at his expression.