Chapter Thirty-Five

You awoke again, this time your head was throbbing. Your abdominal area hurt like hell, and whenever you breathed, pain would shoot across your whole body.

You concluded that you were in Levi's bedroom. You could tell by the smell of the sheets and how clean and organized it was.

You heard a door open, then close. Footsteps came closer to the bedroom door and Levi appeared. He walked over to the bedside and sat down. The tips of your ears felt like they were on fire as you remembered the earlier events.

You didn't know what was going on, every time that his blue gunmetal eyes would lock with yours, your ears burned, and you had to look away. This had been going on for a month beforehand. A month of watching Petra fall hopelessly in love with him, for him to just push her away. The thought of your once living friend filled your head, and you didn't know if it was the pain, or all of the shit that you have been through, your eyes glassed over, and started to fill with tears. One traveled down your right cheek and worry started to fill Levi's eyes.

He seemed hesitant and didn't know what to do. His hand slowly reached for your cheek, stopping halfway. But then worry consumed him, and he brushed away the tears that just kept flowing.

"Oi."

"What are you crying for?" His soft voice overcame your sobs.

Dull yet prominent pain appeared after every sob. Levi then looked at you, and ran his fingers through your knotted hair. Yes it did hurt, but eventually his fingers worked most of them out, and it started to calm you down. Levi spoke again, "We know who the Female Titan is. Annie Leonhardt. We are gong to try and lure her into the underground. Do you think you can make the trip? You will not be fighting." You pondered for a moment, and then nodded.

The tears stopped moments before. Levi then asked if he could see your stitches to see if they needed to be cleaned or redone. In a small voice you replied, "Yes." He then carefully lifted your shirt to just below your chest. The area was bruised heavily and was red. (WARNING THERE WILL BE MENTIONS OF PUS COMING UP IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT SKIP TILL YOU SEE •••)

The stitches had thick, white pus covering them. It was everywhere. You became nauseous just looking at it. However, Levi's face didn't change. "Figures. These need to be changed."

•••

Levi called in Hanji, and anxiety started to consume your body. Her normally chirpy voice was dangerously serious. She cleaned all of the nasty shit, and removed the stitches. Working quickly, she then plunged the needle into your skin. You gripped the sheets until your knuckles started to turn white. Levi grabbed your hand and squeezed it, and you squeezed back harder than he thought you could. Holy shit! Is basically what he was thinking. Hanji then wiped her forehead and announced that she was done.

It was the day of the mission. You wore a black dress with a loose fitting corset on the outside. You also wore black leggings, flats and a green heavy cloak. Levi wore a suit that looked too big for him, yet looked good.

You were currently in the carriage with Jean disguised as Eren sitting across from you and Levi sitting next to you.

It took almost the whole day to get to Wall Sina. It was afternoon when you arrived.