Chapter Twenty-Two

Once Levi heard the bell go off, he immediately looked outside, and saw a land of fire. He leapt up, and grabbed his jacket.

     Going out into the hall, he opened you door, and noticed that you were gone. He was still mad at you for what you said, but knew you were just shaken up from the dream that you had.

     Once he got outside, people were already carrying buckets of water to the fire. Some filling up barrels. He looked around, trying to find you.  What he saw made him shocked, you were in the middle of all of the fire.

     You kept running back and forth, trying to put the fire out in sections. Your legs hurt like hell from getting badly burned. Yet, you didn't mind.

     The smoke was starting to get thicker and thicker until you couldn't see HQ or anybody near it anymore. But, you still trudged on.

     You felt a drop of water hit your hand and looked up. The dark clouds signaled rain. Then it started to downpour. The cool rainwater hitting your burned hands and legs felt amazing. Your face was dark with all of the smoke. Everybody stared at the sky, then at you, and your bleeding burns.

      Hanji ran out to you, and pulled you back to HQ, and into the infirmary. Levi just stood there in disbelief, but followed soon after.

     Your pants had melded with your bloodied skin from the fire. You winced as she tried to cut away your pants so she could help the burns.

    Levi waited outside, leaning up against the wall. He heard cries of pain from the room that you resided in.

     Hanji grabbed a needle, lit it on fire, then dipped it in water, then plunged it into your right leg. You hadn't noticed, but when your horse bucked you off, a sharp rock had sliced open your leg.

     Gritting your teeth in pain, you eventually started to shed tears. Cries of hurt were quiet at first then got louder and louder. You were gripping the sheets tighter and tighter, and Hanji thought that they would rip. She quickly realized that you would start to try to kick her.

     She called out to Levi, "I need your help holding her still!" The door opened, and he came in.

     Levi gripped your other leg and shoulder that was on the same side. Hanji was almost finished with stitching up the cut, and gritted her teeth in concentration. Finally she lifted her hands, and yelled, "done!" You immediately relaxed, your vision fuzzy.