Chapter Twenty-Six

One more day

One more day until Levi, Hanji and Erwin arrived back. Deep, dark circles accompanied your eyes, making you look like a raccoon. Petra worried about you, and it was starting to get on your nerves. Without sleep, you couldn't function. And if you took a nap, you would wake up feeling like shit.

     Wind whipped in your face as you flew through the forest on your 3DMG. It was early morning, and you were getting a head start. You pulled the triggers and shot forward once more. Old titan dummies were still set up, and you sliced at the nape.

You zipped around a tree, eager to see if you still had the skills in you to do so. Once you flew around it a few times, you leapt off from one of the branches, and slingshotted yourself. Coming to the top of the trees, you saw the outline of light on the tips of the trees. Freedom. You felt free. All of the stress was relieved from your shoulders, as you took one last glance at the strings of light, and your body started to fall. You let yourself free - fall, and once you were five feet from the ground, you pulled the triggers, and your lower back grazed the grass.

Adrenaline rushed through you, and you loved it. Swinging in between trees, you whizzed past one of the titan dummies, and slingshotted yourself again, this time in a more clear area. You flipped backwards, and let gravity take you close to the ground, then you shot the anchors, and zipped back to HQ, ready for breakfast.

     You opened the doors to the mess hall, your 3DMG clunking against your thighs. Once you got your food and tea, and set it down, you started to unstrap it. Setting it down, you then sat down, sighing. The shit you tried to eat every day actually looked good for once. You dug in, and tuned out everything, except the fact that Erwin had apparently sent a vague letter saying that they had to stay longer, and that everybody had to go kill most of the titans building up near the wall.

     Let's just say, you had a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach.

Hello! THE ITALICS STILL WILL NOT WORK. I AM VERY SORRY THAT THERE IS NO DREAMS. THIS IS WHY. FUCKING WATTPAD CANNOT SEEN TO GET ITS SHIT TOGETHER. Okay, as you can see, I am pissed at the problem that has not yet been solved. AND I REALLY WANT TO WRITE NIGHTMARES. But. I. Can't. And It is making me BEYOND PISSED. Anyways, as always, thanks for reading!