Chapter Twenty-Eight

The night was peaceful, and you ended up sleeping for almost the whole day. Everyone knew that you had only gotten eight hours of sleep max throughout the three days.

You awoke to Hanji screaming at Levi. Your groggy mindset was like, what the hell? You slid out from underneath the covers, and let your nightgown drop onto the floor. You grabbed some extra grey pants, and a white button up, and walked out of the bedroom.

Hanji hugged you, and asked you many questions about your night terrors. You just shrugged them off, and went down to the mess hall to grab some tea. You slept another peaceful night, not knowing about the sudden change of plans the next day held.

Turns out, that an expedition was scheduled for tomorrow, and everybody was scrambling to train, get their horses ready, and clean.

The next day arrived all too soon, and you were now staring at the rising gate.

Green flares shot up into the sky, and you kept the sigh of relief for later. Levi and you barely talked the day before, and didn't really see each other either.

Out of the blue, several red flares shot up, and then suddenly stopped. The whole right wing was wiped out. That was your guess. The hollow sound of your horses hooves against the packed down dirt helped calm your nerves.

     Suddenly a black flare shot up into the sky, and Petra's face became darker. You urged your horse on, and eventually the aberrant appeared. It was one who acted normal, but then jumped, and sprinted towards you. It did just that.

     You knew exactly what it was going to do, as you had encountered many of these before. But, there was no trees, just a few there and there. "Outrun it! Don't try to take it down!" Levi's voice rang clear against the rhythm of the horse hooves.

Your heart was beating wildly against your ribcage, as the aberrant came closer. You breathed in and out, trying now to show that you were terrified. "Fuck it! I'm going in!" You shout, and you urge your horse towards it. Petra's frantic yell to Levi rang clear, "sir! She is going after it!" "Let her. She has been out here for all of her goddamn life. She should know how these act." His stoic voice yelled back.

You shot your hooks into the beast's thighs, and swung around, and sliced all of the tendons, in result, making it trip, and fall. Pulling the triggers, you zipped down, and swung to the right, away from the nape. It confused the whole special Operations Squad, but when they saw the left arm fly up, they knew that you had read its muscle movements, for there is always a slight twitch in the muscles beforehand. Then, as fast as you could, you flew down, and spun, slicing the nape.

     YESSSS! THE BOLD AND ITALICS ARE WORKING AGAIN!!! Sorry about that. Anyways, now that they are working again, the next chapter will be of you when you were twelve. And I will try not to make it too long, as those kinds of chapter usually bore me to death when I read then in other stories. It will contain violence, and maybe some mild rape. I will make sure to add the ••••• when it is gonna start. Thank you all! And have a Happy Halloween!