Chapter Thirty-Nine

You were confused. This wasn't right. You stared at him, hands shaking violently. Your brain was trying to process, but the only words that kept interrupting the rest like broken code were, nightmare titan. You didn't know why, but you and Levi had dreamt the same thing. It freaked you out.

"Oi. Brat." You looked up, only to see him standing there, looking down at you.

"Don't worry about it. Although, it was fucked up. Once that stupid titan brat heals, we can get the fuck out of here." Your brain felt blank. You felt absolutely numb. You couldn't breathe. Your fingertips felt tingly. A dull, but piercing ring stayed steady in your ears. Your palms started to sweat. You just tried to steady your breathing, and managed to nod.

     Levi sighed, and turned on his heels, glaring at the dust that was collecting in the corners. He sat down in an old chair, it squeaking slightly. You layed back down, then turned over, having your back face him. Your sheer white shirt showed off your bra, but that's not what Levi was staring at. Your back was scarred up. Whiplashes, slice marks, you name it, it was there. A large bite mark from a titan caught his eye, as he traced it with his gunmetal gaze.

     Meanwhile, you were wide awake. You were afraid that when you closed your eyes, they would be there. Waiting. Waiting for you to become vulnerable. Waiting for them to snatch you, and take you to a place where you will never wake up. Your eyes frantically looked at the wall in front of you. You could hear Levi sigh, and the chair squeak as he—presumably—shifted.

     Your mind was racing, but your eyelids were heavy. They were weighed down from the grasp of sleep, as you finally closed them, a dreamless sleep ahead of you.

     People moved about in the halls and streets as you woke up. You tried to move, but every move ached so badly, that you groaned in pain. Light snores could be heard from behind you, and you took a deep breath, and turned onto your back. You squeezed your eyes shut and a slur of curses came out of your mouth. Levi was sitting there, slumped over, sleeping.

     You grinned. He stayed the whole night with yousomething that he wouldn't ever do for someone other than you. Your hand gripped the sheets, as you slowly pushed yourself into a sitting position. A breath that you had been holding released through your mouth.

Levi shuffled in the chair, before slowly opening his eyes. He stared at you, before straightening up, and stretching.

"We leave today. The brat woke up really fucking early this morning, and now we are going back to headquarters. Not that I fucking mind." He sneered when he began to talk about Eren. He got up, and threw his jacket on, then whipped his green cape around his shoulders, buttoning it in the front.

He stared at you as you just sat there.
"Well? Are you going to get up?" He asked as you just sat there, sitting slumped.

"I'm sore. And tired. My goddamn wounds are so fucking tender it feels like a titan just pounded me out with a giant meat hammer." He just stared at you, giving you a weird face.

"What? I'm telling the truth."

"...Also, can you please not tell Hanji that we had the same dream? I would appreciate it." He hummed in reply, and walked over to help you up. His left arm slid behind your back, and underneath your left arm, as you slowly stood. Levi watched you as you tried not to close your eyes, and groan from how sore your wounds are.

     Once on your feet, you slowly slid them into the tall boots, as Levi helped you put your arms into your jacket, swinging a cloak over after it. You two spoke no words as you closed the door and followed him down the hall.