Chapter Thirty-Eight

Wind whipped your hair around. Everything was black. You quickly realized that you weren't wearing your uniform. Instead, a flowy white dress adorned your body. As you took a step forward, a blinding white light consumed your vision. When you could see again, it seemed as though you were in a vast white plain, with a blue sky. Except, there was no grass. It seemed as though you were standing on white marble. Your bare feet patted against the ground as you walked aimlessly. But after only a few steps-
"(Y/N)." You heard a deep voice sound behind you. You whipped around, and standing there was your father.
"(Y/N)." A more feminine voice sounded next to your father, and your mother appeared. But standing next to her was a small child that you didn't recognize.
"(Y/N)." They all said in unison. Tears welled in your eyes as you looked at them.
"(Y/N) come with us. We miss you." Your mother spoke in a gentle voice.
"Who is that?" You said, pointing to the child.
"Your sibling." Your heart pounded. Your breath hitched. And all of the sudden you couldn't breathe.
"My-" you couldn't even speak.
"(Y/N)!" A muffled voice rang out behind you as you walked towards your mother and father. They reached out to you, as you turned around. Levi. He was standing there, seemingly banging on glass. Your mind went blank. Why was he here?
"(Y/N). Come with us." Your father spoke to you now. Levi was yelling at you, and your heart ached. They were dead.
"Get out of my head! You are dead!" You screamed at your family. Immediately, your father's image contorted, and it turned into a shadowy like figure with red glowing circles for eyes, black smoke emitting from its back and head, and a large, sharp smile. Your breath hitched. It looked almost just like the nightmare titan. He screamed. It was the most awful thing. Your dress whipped around your legs from the wind he was creating. Your mother changed too, then your unborn sibling. They all screeched at you as you turned and started sprinting towards Levi. But something was off about him. Beside him on each side were two children, and as your ran, another figure appeared next to him. They had a more feminine figure. You didn't think, all you could hear was the screaming behind you. As you reached him, you slammed shoulder first into the glass barrier, in result having it shatter all around you as you fell.

Looking up, you saw Levi. When your fingertips touched, the white land swirled into that awful forest. Your gut wrenched. Screaming could be heard throughout the forest, the trees helping the sound echo. Levi was nowhere to be seen. As you turned around, you screamed. Your supposed family was standing behind you, with the nightmare titan behind them.
"No! Leave me the fuck alone!" You screamed as loud as you could.

"(Y/N)!"

"(Y/N)!"

"(Y/N)!" You awoke with a jolt. Sweat was dripping down your face, and your palms were clammy. You were hyperventilating, tears running down your face. Looking to your right, you saw Levi standing there with Hanji to his right. You practically leapt into his arms, crying into his shoulder. Your uninjured hand scrabbled across his back as he held you in his arms.

"I will come back in the morning to see what happened. Try to fall back asleep. Try these if you can't." Hanji spoke as she set a bottle of pills on the nightstand. She walked out of the room quietly, closing the door behind her. Levi didn't let go of you, even when he went to climb into bed with you.

"Your family is terrifying." Levi spoke in a tired tone. Wait. What? You looked up at him, confused.

"I dreamt something really weird. That we were in a shitty barren land, and you were talking to some weird people. I don't know if they are your actual family, but it was fucked up." You looked at him wide-eyed. Your body shook violently now and then as you calmed down from your nightmare.

"Wait. Really?" You said in a shaky tone as you looked up him.
"What?"
"Did they turn into something that was made of mostly smoke, had red glowing circles for eyes, and a terrifying smile?" You asked him. His expression changed into one that you could not decipher.

"Yes. I saw that. I saw you running towards me, and as you did, three things appeared next to me." You stared at him in awe.

"Did the fucked up glass or shit shatter when I fell into it?" You asked him, curious, but scared of the answer. He took a while to answer but,

"Yes. And when we touched, you fucking disappeared, and I woke up. I knew something fucked up was about to happen, so I ran down here, and Hanji heard me and came to see what I was up to." An unknown tear cascaded down your cheek. You were scared. You were scared of that dream. But, the most thing that you were scared about right now,

Was your family.