Prologue

The moon was high in the sky, illuminating the silent clan resting below it. Any noise there was had been drained out by the quiet sound of chirping crickets.

Leaves rustled as a grey cat with long hair rushed through them, followed by a group of other cats that had similar body features; they were all sleak and muscular.

The grey cat stopped at an area by a creek full of rocks, a large pine tree towering over the area on the other side. The cats behind him stopped as well.

Another group of cats emerged from the other side of the rocky area, fur bristling defensively.

The grey cat's deep, sea-green eyes met theirs. "So," he started, "you have come to an agreement, yes?"

A pure white tom stepped up. "We will never surrender the Great Rocks to you," he started, "they have been and will continue to be ours for moons."

"Very well then, Whitestar. There is only one option," the grey cat said, claws bearing. "We will take it by force. I will say it once again: you will give us this section of territory, or face death!"

"Never!"

The group of muscular cats lunged at the other group, following closely behind their leader. A blueish-greyish tom pinned one of the cats down and began to claw at their back, hoping they would retreat.

War broke out through the forest. The cats on the defense side were full of agility, while the other group of cats were full of strength. Only the limits of their willpower would decide what the outcome would be.

Finally, the grey cat pinned Whitestar down onto a sharp rock, causing him to yowl in pain. "Give it up!" The grey cat ordered.

Whitestar looked into the cat's eyes one last time and shook his head no. The grey cat scowled and raised his claws to Whitestar's throat as quick as lightning, instantly tearing through it.

The forest became quiet as his cry of agony rang through it. Blood began pouring out of the wound. Whitestar looked at his attacker one last time before the life drained from his eyes.

"Y-you killed him!" One of the cats cried out. "He was on his last life, you mouse-brain!"

The grey cat smirked, and, with a flick of his tail, he and his other cats ran from the scene.

The forest was quiet in disbelief as the remaining, wounded cats gathered around their leader's lifeless body and dragged it back to camp.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:
Hey guys! Thank you for beginning to read my story! I was bored and decided to write this, although I hadn't been successful with Warrior Cats fanfictions in the past...

Anyway, I'm sorry this prologue was extremely short! It was late at night, and I had school the next morning, so I wanted to finish it tonight. Another thing to add is that I will be updating this quickly.

But anyway, sorry for the short length of this prologue. I hope you continue reading this book, though, so you'll be able to read any updates on it when it comes out. Thanks!