Epilogue

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather under the lichenrock for a clan meeting," Froststar called out among the clan. The cats gathered, eager to hear what she had to say.

"Pineclan," Froststar began, "we have recently been victorious in the battle between us and Groundclan. I have lost a life, but Lichenstar died, too. Fallenstar turned on him, which leads me to believe that Groundclan is no more, and Leafclan and Gorgeclan have returned." She said nothing about Stonefang.

"Luckily," she continued, "no warriors of ours were killed, and the ones who were injured have been healed. I have some other news. Ivystorm and Redpelt have decided to move on to the elders' den. Ivystorm, Redpelt, Pineclan thanks you for your hard work and service for our clan, and may the rest of your days be peaceful rest."

The clan dipped their heads in respect as Ivystorm and Redpelt padded over to the elders' den and sat down.

"This concludes our meeting. Clan dismissed," Froststar finished. She leaped off of the lichenrock and stared at the sky. She couldn't shake the prophecy Lichenstar gave before he died.

A fourth is needed to fulfill the peace. When dangers pose threats, hawk and badger will rise to bring ease to all.

Whatever it meant, whatever would happen, Froststar was ready.