Ssundee- Chapter 5: Fluffy Fish?

For many days I had trudged across biome after biome, seeking refuge in abandoned houses and villages; while all the time looking for the one with the white, pupil-less eyes. I had lost track of the exact number of days I had been on the run. Could've been months, years even. Only, one day, I found a blocked in cave where mobs wouldn't spawn and I collapsed inside. I was battered, bruised, and exhausted. I just couldn't go on anymore...everything went black. Then my vision returned. This had been happening for some time now. He was constantly fighting against me, and in my weakened state, it was becoming easier for him to take control. And without Diamond, my life had no meaning, there was no reason to fight anymore. I slowly reached up to my sunglasses, and was just beginning to ease them off, when I heard voices. I straightened up and pushed then back on again. Slowly, I made my way to the mouth of the cave, and peeked round. There was a group of people coming towards me. They were laughing and joking with eachother, something about fluffy fish? I dared to take a step out into their path. That's when I saw them clearly for the first time. The leader at the front wore a brown leather jacket, with plain trousers and black boots. He also had white cufflinks on his sleeves and wore black gloves. In one hand he held a piece of gold, in the other a huge golden sword. But the most striking thing about him was, the fact that he wore sunglasses, just like me, and had a golden medallion with a purple amethyst set in it, hanging loosely around his neck. I'd never seen anyone like him before! Behind him a guy wearing green and black headphones with a white T-Shirt and black trousers was teasing another, wearing a red and black chequered hoodie with black trousers. Then I saw them. Hybrids. I'd heard of hybrids, but this was something else! There was a bear thing, in a black suit, and a frog-like thing in a white suit. Why all the suits? Then, bringing up the rear was a white and blue Mudkip with yellow fins. Also wearing a suit. But a grey one. Then, suddenly I heard a noise like a firework going off, and a guy in a blue spacesuit and yellow visor with a jet-pack attached to his back zoomed overhead. Behind him, mounted on an ender dragon, was a guy in red rimmed sunglasses and behind him another with a purple cloak swishing around him, and purple flames flickering in his left hand. In the other, he held a gold sword. They all had gold swords!

My eyes widened as I took in everything I'd seen and processed it. I stepped back into the cave as they went past. Then, the bear at the back stopped and sniffed the air. His hackles rose as he turned towards me, crouched at the back of the cave, my suit blending into the shadows. "What is it fluffy?" The Mudkip looked around the side of the cave. "Someone's in there." "Really? I don't see anything." "What is it guys?" Another voice came in. Then a face. It was the guy with the medallion on. "Might be a squid Sky!" "Ty. Really? Since when do squids live in caves? Dumbass." He shook his head and came towards me, cautiously. "Hello?" His sword was right above me, he didn't even see me. Then he stopped. He waved his hand out in front of me. It was centimetres away from my sunglasses. He came forward a bit. I had to do something, he was going to knock them off with all that waving around. I took a deep breath and slid forward on the smooth rock, knocking his legs out from underneath him. I caught the hilt of his sword as he went down and twisted it out of his grip. He cried out and the other men rushed in. "Sky!" "Jeez, what's going on?!" "Help! Jason! I'm startled!" "I'm here bud, what's going on?" "I could smell someone in here!" "What?! Sky!" In seconds I was on my feet, weeks of solitude had sharpened my senses and reflexes. I held the gold sword out in front of me. I was a fairly good fighter and I was sure I could get out of this. Until the guy in the purple came forward and threw one of his fireballs at me. "Oh crap." That was the last thing I said before it hit me and everything dissolved into purple confetti...