Chapter 17: The Storm

Baekhyun's POV

Was I ready to face the fire of my friends? Nope. I knew that Kris would be pissed off. He cared about me, just as much as Sehun.

Sehun.

Oh shit

I wasn't ready for that explosion. Sehun is scary when he's mad. But I still climbed into Chanyeol's car. "Are you nervous?" Comes Chanyeol's voice. I look over at him. "I've been ignoring Sehun all weekend. I don't know how he'll react." Chanyeol sighs and nods as he pulls into the parking lot of the school. He finds a spot and parks.

I wring my fingers together in anticipation. Kris was going to flip out, as was Tao, Kai, and Kyungsoo. Luhan didn't know much. But Sehun? Oh dear. Kris and the others would be like handling a wild thunderstorm. But Sehun?

Handling him would be like having all the natural disasters hit you at once. I'm worried to say the least. I look over at Chanyeol, who was staring at me in return. "It'll be okay." He says, reaching over to my hand. I sigh and nod. "Lets get this over with." I reach for the door handle. "Baek, wait." Chanyeol says.

I turn my head to look at him. "What?" I ask. "If you're that worried, we don't have to walk in together." I could see the pain in his eyes. "No Chanyeol. I want to walk with you." I quickly say. Chanyeol leans back. "Really?" I nod rapidly. Chanyeol nods softly and squeezes my hand before opening the car door.

I climb out as well. With my backpack slung over my shoulders, I wait for Chanyeol at the end of his car. I smile at him and he pulls my hand into his. We walk through the parking lot and into the school building. My eyes start darting around the school trying to see if I could see anyone of our friend group.

"Hey Baekhyun!!" I look and see Luhan running up to me. "Luhan!!" I call back to him. I can see the confusion in his eyes as he sees my fingers intertwined with Chanyeol's. "I'll explain later." I quickly tell him. Luhan nods. "I just came to tell you that I have notes for you for class." "Oh thanks Luhan!!" I tell him. Luhan nods. "Don't worry about it." He turns to walk away, but turns back to face us. "Also, Sehun is looking for you. He wants to talk with you." I nod my head.

"I'll look for him." I tell Luhan. The deer nods and quickly disappears into the crowd. I whip my head around and look at Chanyeol. "TALK?!" I cry out. Chanyeol sighs and pulls me into his chest. "I'm sure that it will be okay." He says. I nod and bury my head into his chest. I pull away after a minute and sigh heavily. "Lets go." I tell Chanyeol. The taller male smiles and takes my hand into his. "Lets."

We walk down the hall, heading towards the area where I knew that my group usually met. I felt eyes on me, so I look around to try and find who it was. Sehun. Oh crap. I thought. He looks mad.

Chanyeol's POV

I saw Sehun before Baekhyun did. It was obvious to me when he did see Sehun because the grip on my hand tightened. "It's okay. I'm right here." I tell Baekhyun, looking down at him. He nods halfheartedly. I sigh as we walk up to the group. Sehun and Kris looked pissed off. Tao, Kai and Kyungsoo looked very bewildered. Understandable Luhan looked a little lost.

"What is this!?" Sehun said. Baekhyun looks down at his feet. "You forgave him? Why?" Sehun was asking. Next to me, Baekhyun's grip was getting tighter and tighter on my hand. "Sehun ease up on him." I say. If Sehun's glare could kill, I would be six feet underground. "You can't say a a thing." He spits out.

Baekhyun steps closer to me and looks up at Sehun. "What's so hard to understand about this?" He whispers softly. "His ex boyfriend abused you." Kris speaks up. Sehun nods. "You went to the hospital because of it." Sehun says. Baekhyun sighs. "I went to the hospital because of my dad. Not Jungkook." Just hearing Baek say his name makes me want to find the guy and punch him.

"There is no reason for me to hate Channie." Baekhyun says. "Channie?" Sehun laughs. "Oh dear god. He now has a nickname." He laughs again. Sehun turns around. "He has a nickname. That's hilarious." I narrow my eyes at him. "What is wrong with you Sehun?" I ask.

Sehun's eyes meet mine. "There's nothing wrong with me Chanyeol. I just have a problem and that problem is you." He steps towards Baekhyun and I. "You have corrupted my best friend." Sehun spits at me. I scoot Baekhyun behind me, protectively.

Sehun rolls his eyes and storms off. Kris is quick to follow him. Kai and Kyungsoo stand there staring at us. Luhan and Tao looked torn. "Luhan, Tao. You can follow your boyfriends. I won't be mad at you." Baekhyun says, stepping around me to be at my side. Tao bites his lip and looks back and where Kris had disappeared to. "Tao. Go. Don't ruin your relationship because of me." Baekhyun says.

Tao nods and he walks over to Baekhyn and I. Baekhyun steps forward as Tao reaches us. I watch as he hugs my boyfriend. Did I feel any guilt for turning Sehun against Baekhyun? Yes. It hurt to see that my love had lost his best friend.

Tao steps back and allows Luhan to come up and hug Baekhyun. "I'm so sorry Baekhyun." I barely hear Luhan say to him. Luhan steps back and joins Tao in chasing after their boyfriends. I looked over at Kai and Kyungsoo. "Well?" I say. Kai looks at me and then turns to look at where Sehun and the others were.

Baekhyun steps closer to me as Kai and Kyungsoo look at each other. "Kai? Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun says softly. They both look at us and Kyungsoo grins. "I'll be taking my $20 now." He says holding his hand out to Kai. "What?!" Baekhyun exclaims. I'm sure both of our faces were contorted into confusion. Kai just groans and starts to get out his wallet.

Kyungsoo grins and then looks over at us. "Kai and I made a bet about whether you and Baekhyun were gonna date officially." He tells us. I glance at Kai as he was grumbling as he hands the $20 to his boyfriend. Glancing down at Baekhyun, he was smiling at the sight in front of him. Kyungsoo laughs and puts the $20 into his wallet. "Thank you for dating." He says to us.