Chapter 23: I'll Believe You For Now

Chanyeol's POV

Tuesday Morning

I walk out of my house and hop into my car. Pulling my phone out of my pocket, when it vibrates. The caller ID shows that it was Baekhyun. I slide my phone across the screen as I answer the call.

"Hey Baekkie." I say into the phone as I pull out of the driveway. "Channie." Baekhyun's voice sounded weak. "Baekhyun are you okay?" I ask, slowly pressing down more on the gas pedal. "My thoughts came back. It's bad today." He says quietly.

"I'm on my way Baekhyun. It's gonna be okay." I tell him. "Okay." He says. "I'm on my way." I add before we hang up. When I pull into the driveway, I quickly turn off my car and jump out. I run to the front door and make my way inside. Kicking off my shoes, I go upstairs and let myself into Baekhyun's room. He was sitting on his bed, knees up to his chest and head buried in his lap.

I walk over and sit down on the edge of the bed next to him. "Hey." I say softly. Baekhyun lifts up his head and looks at me. I hold my arms out and shift my body. Baekhyun slowly crawls into my lap and curls into my chest. I cradle him against me tightly. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask. Baekhyun shakes his head and buries himself into my chest more, if that was even possible.

I hum in response and lay my cheek on his hair. "It'll be okay." I tell him, as I scoot back so I was fully sitting on his bed. Baekhyun sighs and just snuggles against me. "Baek?" I say after a few minutes when a thought pops into my head. "Hmm?" He mutters. "Can I see your arms?" I ask. "I didn't do anything." He says, but sits up anyways. 

Baekhyun shuffles himself so he was straddling me. He pulls up his sleeves and exposed his arms to me. Reaching out, I run my fingers over his old scars and fortunately, he was telling the truth. I saw no fresh cuts on his arms. "Good job Baekkie." I praise him, pulling down his sleeves and kissing his lips. A small smile appears on his face and he buries his head into the crook of my neck. 

He only stays for a minute before he crawled off of my lap. "What are you-" I start. Baekhyun sighs, turns around, and pulls off his shirt. My jaw drops at the sight. Red marks were slashed on his back. "Baek." I say softly, standing up. I reach out and gently place my hand on his shoulders.

Baekhyun turns around and looks up at me with tears in his eyes. "He did this." He says. His dad. Of course. Why didn't I notice this before? I nod and pull Baekhyun against me again. "It'll be okay baby." I say soothingly. My shirt begins to feel wet from his tears. Baekhyun moves his head away and looks at something before quickly pulling away from me. "Crap." He mutters.

"What?" I ask when he starts running around his room searching for something. "We're late for school!!" He cries out. I glance at the time. The clock read 8:15. Class started at 8. I quickly grab Baekhyun's arm and turn him to face me. "Baekhyun. Lets just take the day off." I tell him. I watch as the panic slowly leaves his eyes. "Okay." He breathes out, reaching down and grabbing his shirt.

I smile at him and pull him into my arms. Baekhyun nuzzles into my chest and sighs. I lean my head against his and smile. "What do you want to do?" I ask. Baekhyun pulls back and looks up at me. "Sleep." I laugh and pick Baekhyun up bridal style. Being careful with his back, I carry him over to the bed.

We lay down and Baekhyun snuggles into my arms again. "Channie?" Baekhyun says, rolling over to face me. "Yes?" I ask, brushing some hair out of his face. "What did your mom tell you after I left the other day?" He asks. I freeze for a moment, debating whether to tell him the truth or not. "She just asked what we were doing and claimed that she wouldn't have a gay son." I half lie.

Baekhyun nods and snuggles into me. "Alright. I'll believe you for now." He says sighing and closing his eyes. "Wait what... what do you mean?" I ask. Baekhyun opens his eyes and looks up at me. "I feel like there's something you're not telling me." He says, sitting up. I keep my hand on his and just look at him. "Chanyeol what's going on?" He asks. I sit up and pull him into my lap.

"Nothing too serious. I'll let you know once it gets too serious." I tell him. Baekhyun nods and snuggles against me. "Okay." He agrees and we lay down again. We settle down and snuggle until he drifts off asleep. I smile and pull out my phone. I take a selfie of us all curled up together and set it as my wallpaper on my phone. "Perfect." I think as I stare at him. I feel my phone start to vibrate so I pick it up and look at it.

My so called 'mom' was calling me. I frown in disgust and press decline, turning my phone off. Stupid bitch. I sigh and allow myself to drift off with Baekhyun asleep in my arms. A peaceful place that we both love.