Chapter 25: It Happened

Chanyeol's POV
Wednesday

It has been a few weeks since I had that interesting conversation with Kai. Whenever I see the said boys, Luhan and Tao, in school I couldn't think of them the same. I just shutter and make my way past. Kai just laughs while everyone looks confused by our actions. Meanwhile, I was sitting in my English class with Baekhyun and Luhan. I was sitting in the front of the class and they were behind me a couple of rows.

I bite my lip and lean back in my seat. Crossing my arms across my chest, I sigh and look over at the clock. Class could not finish any slower. My phone vibrates on my desk and I reach out to grab it. I tilt it up towards me and see that Baekhyun had texted me. I enter my password and go to my texts.

From Baekkie:

Are you okay? You seem stressed out.

I close my phone and laid it down on my desk, screen up. I couldn't tell him why I was upset. I didn't want to bother him right now. My phone vibrates again and I just stare at my phone. On the screen was a text from my mom.

From Mom:

You better find a new place to stay. You're no longer any part of our family. Goodbye you disgusting disgrace.

Taking in a deep breath, I feel my throat tighten up. No. No. No. I quickly grab my phone and leave the classroom with my teacher yelling from behind me. I push my way into the bathroom and I sit down on the floor. "Ah shit." I mutter to myself. I unlock my phone and go to Kai's contact.

To Kai The Stupid Idiot:

Help me.

I send with my hands shaking. I close my eyes and tightly grip my hair with my hands. What did I do? The text was random. She seemed fine this morning. What happened? What made her change her mind?

It seems like HOURS go by until I feel hands on my wrists. I look up to see Kai crouching down in front of me. "Chan." He says softly. "It happened." I say, my voice cracking. Tears slide down my face as Kai sits down next to me and takes my phone. "Oh Chan." He says. I look over at him as tears slide down my face. "Why." I whimper.

Kai slides his arms around me and hugs me. "I'm sorry Chanyeol." He says. I bury my head into his chest. "What am I going to do?" I ask. Kai shrugs. "I don't know, but I do know, as I told you last night, you can stay with me for the time being." He says. I pull back and look at him.

"Are you sure?" I ask with a shaky voice extremely unsure still. Kai nods his head and I give him a small smile. "Thank you Kai." I say softly. Kai nods and pulls me into a hug again. "Now will you text Baekhyun? He's been spamming my phone with texts." He chuckles. I smile and nod. Kai hands me my phone again and I go to my texts with Baekhyun.

To Baekkie:
Come to the bathroom closest to the class. That's where I am.

I click send and less than five minutes later, Baekhyun comes into the bathroom. "Channie." He says. I stand up as he comes over. "Are you okay?" He asks. I smile down at him and nod. "Yeah I am." Baekhyun frowns and looks down at Kai before looking up at me. He smiles and wraps his arms around my waist. "Okay... if you say so." He says hesitantly.

I know I shouldn't be keeping my secret away from him, but he was dealing with so much already. I couldn't burden him with my shit. "Baekkie, I think I'm going to ditch school for the rest of the day." I tell him. Baekhyun pulls back and looks up at me. "How come?" He asks, his eyebrows scrunched up. So cute. I think and I just shake my head. "I'm not feeling well." I tell him.

That wasn't a lie. I did feel kinda sick. I look over as Kai stands up next to me. "I'll take you home then Chan." He says. I give Kai a smile. "Alright." I say. Kai steps out of the bathroom leaving Baekhyun and I alone. I look down at him and step back when I see the angry expression on his face. "Chanyeol why are you lying to me?" He asks. I frown. "What?" I ask.

Baekhyun crosses his arms across his chest. "I know that you're lying to me and that things aren't okay. Why aren't you telling me what's going on?" He asks, his voice sounding more hurt. I sigh and run my hand through my hair, turning my body away from him. "Baekhyun." I say, glancing at him.

"I'm your boyfriend you can trust me. I understand that Kai is your childhood best friend, but I'm here too. I wasn't pushing you away when Sehun was helping me out. I relied on you as much as I relied on him." He says. Oh shit. I frown and look at the floor. Baekhyun places his hand on my arm. "Channie. I'm still here. Please trust me." He says.

Tears begin to fill my eyes so I step back against the wall and lean my head against it, pinching my nose in between my eyes to stop the tears.

Baekhyun's POV

As we stand there I see Chanyeol's eyes close and shoulders start to shake. Kai was right. He wasn't okay. I had looked down at Kai when Chanyeol said he was okay. Kai had shaken his head no. I step towards my boyfriend and pull him down to the floor with me. I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him tightly.

Chanyeol buries his head into my shoulder, soaking my shirt with his tears. "I'm sorry Baekkie." He cries out. I rub his back and lean my head against his. "It's okay Channie." I tell him soothingly. I knew it. He always acts like he's okay. Luckily for me Kai was here. When Chanyeol said he was fine, I knew it was a bluff.

If he was fine, why was he in the bathroom? I saw that his eyes were red. He was crying. He said he was fine but Kai was shaking his head. He gave us a moment alone. Thank you Kai. I think to myself as Chanyeol pulls me onto his lap and hugs me even tighter.

I nuzzle my head into his shoulder as he holds me. "It'll all be okay Channie." I tell him. At least I hoped so.