Fall Fair

Jace POV

My eyes snapped open to the motion of my bed. I looked over at the other side to see my little redhead jumping on the bed. I groaned and pulled my pillow over my head.

"Jace! Get up now! We're going to the annual Fall Fair! A day filled with fried foods, and farm animals! Let's go!" She screamed in my ear. I rolled my eyes under the pillow, but it wasn't enough to keep a smile off my face. I pulled the pillow off my head to find Clary dressed in a red, black and white plaid flannel, covered by a army green vest. She wore black jeans and false leather flats, with hoop earrings. Over her shoulder was slung a white backpack.

She smiled at me when she saw I was awake, then bolted out of my room to go awake the rest of the Institute

She smiled at me when she saw I was awake, then bolted out of my room to go awake the rest of the Institute. I sighed again, and got up to pull on some clothes for the day. I dressed myself in black jeans, a black t-shirt with a leather jacket overtop of it. And black cowboy boots. I finished dressing myself and ran my hand through my hair, combing it. Once I was finished, I walked out of my room and downstairs to find a happy Clary, sipping on a cup of black coffee. Izzy was eating a bowl of cereal, and Simon was sitting beside her. Magnus and Alec just looked miserable. I sat beside my spunky redhead and made myself a mug of coffee. Once everyone was finished their breakfast, we all piled into Alec's truck and drove our way to the fair. Clary sat on my lap and put her head on my shoulder. A certain song came on and the girls (including Magnus) started singing along to the song, much to the complaint of Simon, Alec, and I. Apparently the song was called Before He Cheats by someone called Carrie Underwood. She's actually a Seelie, so there's a fun fact for you.

Anyway, the girls sang the song and finally, After about what felt like a million years, the song ended. After about another hour of peaceful silence, we made it to the fair. Clary squealed in my ear and jumped off my lap, eager to get inside. Izzy, who shared her excitement, did the exact same thing to Simon. Alec pulled the truck into an empty parking spot and turned his truck off. As soon as the hum of the engine quit, the girls scrambled to get out of the door first. Clary elbowed me in the face on her way out. Once out, Clary and Izzy waited politely for Simon and I. As soon as we were out of the truck, the hyper girls grabbed our arms and pulled us behind them into the fair.

"We'll meet you in there!" I yelled back to Alec. He nodded as he looped his arm around Magnus'.  They just walked like normal people into the gates of the fair.

This was a mundane event, so I have no idea why Clary wanted to come but, I won't question it.

Once we paid the entrance fee, Clary and Izzy raced into the fair and left Simon and I in their dust. We just shared a look and jogged after them.

Once they finally stopped at a booth, they were looking at some expensive rings and jewelry. They were gaping at the gorgeous jewelry and were kind of upset when they realized they couldn't afford and of it. But they continued on their way and stopped at every single booth, weather it was to admire more jewelry, or look at wooden sculptures, they stopped aver 5 seconds to look at something new.

Eventually, they finished at the booths and went to go get Cotten Candy. Simon and I followed reluctantly and we paid for them. I took Clary's free hand and we walked over to the ring, where all of the horse events were taking place. Malec eventually found us and sat down in the stands beside us. Izzy and Simon followed suit. We watched all different types of events like barrel racing, trail classes, even Bronc riding. During the barrel racing, we pointed out our favourite coloured horses. Clary's was a very red chestnut who she said 'Reminded her of her hair'. Izzy loved a handsome dapple grey stallion who was fast. Magnus particularly liked a palomino, who had on a load of sparkly tack on. My personal favourite, was a complete black horse who went so fast, it was a blur, almost like a shadow of another horse. The horse events finished and we went into the main barn to look at the other livestock, like pigs, cows, chickens, and *shudder* ducks. I obviously avoided the ducks and was pleased when Clary helped me avoid them. Our group looked around at all the animals, clearly avoiding all the ducks, then we walked out of the barn to go get ice cream. I wrapped my arm around Clary's waist as we walked, pulling her flush against my side. Simon did the same to Izzy. We ordered our ice creams quickly and then called it a day.

While we were walking out, I pulled Simon to the side to talk to him.

"We should get Clary and Izzy something from that jewellery booth that they were admiring." I explained quickly.

"But we don't have enough money for that type of jewellery." Simon told me. I smirked and reached into my back pocket to pull out a wad of cash, reaching the amount, $1000. Simon's eyes widened and he nodded slightly. We raced back to the booth where a friendly old lady was selling the expensive jewels. She grinned when she saw that we're going to purchase a few things. I quickly decided on a charm bracelet with little diamond charms hanging off of it. Simon chose a beautiful heart locket, with diamond lining the outside. I gave the woman the whole wad of cash and told her to keep the change. Simon and I bolted back to the vehicle with our presents in our pockets. Alec started the truck, and we drove back to the Institute.

When we had got there, Clary and I went up to our bedroom and sat on the bed, watching TV for a little before I decided to give her the bracelet.

"Clary." I nudged her arm gently.
"Mm." She responded, her eyes fixed on the screen.
"I have something for you."
"Oh yeah? What is it?" She asked me turning to face me. I reached into my pocket and pulled the charm bracelet out. Clary gasped when she saw it.

"That...That was the bracelet that I loved from the fair!" I smiled and nodded. She took it from me and laid it down in her palm gently.

"I love it Jace." She told me as she leaned on for a kiss, I kissed her back. And let's just say, that she thanked him properly after that.