Hayabusa x Kagura | Red string of fate (Part 1)

A/N: Hello! Just a short note before I start the story. As Kagura and Hayabusa are Japanese, you may see them addressing others with honorifics such as:

Chan: Used between very young children, usually girls, and from an older person to a younger person. Older boys and girls may use chan to address each other as a sign if affection if they are close friends

(Also that's why I'm Silvesta chan, although I'm in my teen years.)

Kun: Used mainly between boys and young men.

San: This is the most basic and all purpose honorific, equivalent to as 'Mr', 'Mrs' or 'Miss'. Mostly used to address females from what I know.

Also, this oneshot is actually quite long, so it will be split into about three parts. For now, enjoy the first part!

Kagura's Pov

I was a straight A student and I never failed to get good grades for any test. I always pay the fullest attention in class, but today, I found myself drifting away from the lesson every five seconds.

The reason I am so distracted was because for some reason, I could not stop thinking about him today. Usually I could push all thoughts about him away during lessons and concentrate, but not today.

When I was eight years old, my parents died in a plane crash on a trip to Florida. They had been planning to take me to Disney World, but instead of riding teacups and taking pictures with my favorite Disney characters, I woke up in a hospital only to learn that my parents were dead. I was then moved to a nearby orphanage. I then spent five years of my life there.

For the first year, the orphanage was a hellhole. The other girls often teased and bullied me because I was Japanese. I looked different, sounded different, and thought differently. Even though my english was flawless, I was still unable to communicate with these Florida girls. Even the staff there treated me like an outsider, they would look at me wearily when I spoke to them, as if I would do something bad to them.

When I arrived there had already been an even number of girls there. So I was put in my own room, with an empty bed beside me. It was a good thing, for every night after they lock our doors for bedtime, I weep under the covers, where no one would hear me, for they are already asleep in their own beds. I wept for my dead parents. I wept for being bullied. I wept for being homesick. I wept for my own misery, wishing that there was someone out there for me to help me forget all this pain.......

Then a cute boy arrived at the orphanage.

He had jet black hair and pale skin, with red eyes that could pierce your soul if you look deep into them enough. And to my delight, he was Japanese, like me. And his name was Hayabusa.

Hayabusa had a particular charm about him. Aside his good looks, he somehow had the ability to make heads turn when he entered a room. He also caught the attention of others when he spoke. Maybe it was his voice, or maybe it was how he spoke. But although he had a Japanese accent like me, he wasn't treated like a stranger. The moment he stepped foot into the place, the girls were obsessed over him. The boys were jealous of him. He was even a favorite of the staff. And he was my roommate.

Yes, my roommate. I couldn't believe it either. Apparently there was a shortage of boy dorms, so he was put into a room with me. Once, I even heard the staff arguing over the matter.

"He's a boy! And Miss Kagura is a girl!" Said one of them.

"They are so young, nothing bad will happen," argues another. "Besides, they both originated from Japan, so they should be able to get along fine."

So the decision was made, Hayabusa was to be my roommate. That day, I had been sitting quietly on my bed, reading a book of fairy tales, while Hayabusa was being swarmed by the girls. There was no point in me being there, despite wanting to have a good look of him. I wouldn't have stood a chance to talk to him anyway.