Hayabusa x Kagura | Red string of fate (Part 2)

A/N: Kagura and Hayabusa love each other, but is that enough to stay by each other's side forever? Find out in this part :)

Kagura's Pov

Hayabusa and I had been dating for about a month. During this blissful period of time, our daily routines didn't change much, except that we held hands under the table during our meals, and we snuck kisses at each other when no one was looking. At night, when I heard the click of our bedroom door being locked, I would slip out of my bed and go over to his bed. He would make some room for me, and would spend the night together in each other's arms.

That day was no different, when the staff on duty locked the door, I made sure that I heard her footsteps fading away before walking over and laid next to Haya, facing him.

He reaches out to stroke my hair. "You really have the nicest hair in the world," he told me. "How much hair have you touched in your life?" I giggled. "Not many, actually. I just know," he laughs, leaning in to kiss me. I smiled into the kiss, and when we pull away, he asked, "Have you ever heard of the red string of fate?"

"No, but do tell."

"Well, the red string of fate connects two people who are bounded together by fate itself. Sooner or later, they are destined to meet, no matter how far apart they live or how much their life circumstances differ. And, when it happens - that encounter is certain to profoundly affect both of them. The strings can sometimes stretch and become tangled, which could postpone the fateful meeting, but those ties will never be broken."

I listened deeply. "Do you believe in the red string of fate, Haya?" Then a thought struck me. "Wait! I have a red string!" I pulled the hair ribbon from my head, my hair coming loose from it's ponytail. "See!" I showed it to him.

He smiled and took the ribbon from me. "Mind if I cut it?" I shook my head, wondering what he could possibly do with it. Using a pair of scissors from his bedside drawer, he cuts the ribbon into half.

He holds out his hand to me, gesturing for me to tie the ribbon around his ring finger, so I did. He later does the same for me. "This will be our red string of fate, the one that binds us together," he said. "I love you, Kagi."

"I love you too, Haya," I smiled, kissing him on the lips.

During that moment and for a whole year after that, I firmly believed that Hayabusa and I were bounded by the red string of fate, that we were meant to be. It had seemed like it, until that fateful morning.

"Happy tenth birthday, Haya!" I cheered, bouncing up and down on his bed, waking him up. I handed him my birthday present to him, a beaded necklace that I had specially made myself. I know it seemed girly, but I didn't have much to give him. He didn't seem to mind though. "Thank you, Kagi," He thanked brightly, fastening the necklace around his neck. "It looks great!" He leans in for a kiss, but then we hear a knock on the door. I quickly scrambled off his bed and and leaped onto my own, while he goes to answer the door.

"Good morning, Miss Katherine," he greets the staff who stood in the doorway, but I could see impatience in his eyes, impatience for me, I felt my face go warm thinking about it.

"Mr Hayabusa," please come with me to the office," Katherine says. He nodded. Flashing me an apologetic smile, he follows her out of the room. Just as the door closes, I saw something in Katherine's eyes that looked like pity, mockery even. But I had no time to analyse it before I was left alone in the room.

~

One hour passed, but Hayabusa still did not return. I grew worried, did something happen to him? Did he get into trouble? No, it couldn't be, he never does anything bad.