Chapter 8

That Monday was gonna be a really intense day, for all of us. As I woke up, I tried to have a conversation with Ethan.

"So... Uhm... Do you wanna join the football team?"

"Why do you care?"

I took a deep breath trying to not push him out of the window. Every time I try to be friendly, he push me away. I really don't understand him. Probably I should just stop trying. I don't think he's worth it. But I don't know. There's something that pull me closer to him, every time. Whenever I try to stay away from him, here he is. Always there.

"I was just asking, just trying to be nice. But probably you don't know that word."

"Sorry, if I hurt your feelings princess." He said raising an eyebrow.

Relax Sam. Breathe.

"You didn't, don't worry. I don't care about what you say."

Too rude? Ugh. Fuck this shit. Why I feel bad every time I'm rude to him? He's always the first to be a dick here.

"Good. Then why are you still talking?"

"I won't talk anymore to you."

"Fine."

"Fine."

Shit. I just said I wouldn't have talked. I'm not good with these things. I stormed off and met with my friends, ready to go to class.

*At lunch*

After all those boring lessons, finally it was lunch time. The highlight of the day. As we were all full in a conversation, Megan approached our table with her fake smile always on her ugly ass face.

"Good morning." She looked us up and down. Ugh I wanna slap her. Today started so bad, I can't stand her too.

"Good morning." We all said.

"I just wanted to say that the initiations will start in the late afternoon in the sorority house. The one of that party... Remember Sam?" She gave me an evil look.

"Yes, the one where after it Ethan broke up with you? I remember it." I gave her the same look.

She can't mess with me anymore. I won't permit her. I'm tired of always being kind to people who don't deserve it. Her gaze became even more evil, if that's even possible. Her eyes were full of flames. I could say she was pretty mad right now. I'm proud of myself.

"Well..." She said clearing her throat. "I guess I'll see you later."

She went back to her table and I looked Olivia.

"Too rude?" I asked.

"What? You were perfect. She deserved it. Oh my God I can't for this afternoon. We will spend all the week doing those initiations. It's our opportunity to humiliate her."

"Do you think she will do some of those embarrassing initiations just to see me loose?"

"If she's really so evil as it seems, her plan is probably to let you join the sorority, so she could control you. But she won't, we're smarter than her."

"I thought that too. Who knows what she is capable of. Probably the pool incident was nothing. I'm kinda scared honestly."

"Don't be. I'll have your back."

We smiled. Thank God I have her as my best friend.

"So Arch. When is the practice today?"

"It's at 3 pm. So in about 2 hours. I'm so nervous."