Chapter 20

*Ethan's P.O.V.*

"I'll call tomorrow for an appointment." She said.

I nodded.

"I need you by my side. Can you come with me when it'll be the time?"

"Of course. I'll never leave you."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I hugged her, holding her tight to me and caressing her hair.

We laid on bed and she fell asleep after a few hours.

*the next morning*

I didn't sleep at all. I spent all night pulling her closer and staring into space. She woke up a few times too. What did I do? I always use protection. Why did I forget this time? Maybe it was the heat of the moment.

I put a hand on her belly, caressing it. Is it the right thing to do? An abortion... I started to think about it, trying to convince myself.

After a while I realized that it's gonna be the right solution. I don't want babies, not right now. And plus it's what she wants so I'm gonna be by her side and respect her decision.

She woke up, looking dizzy. She only slept a few hours. She should have slept more.

"Hey." She cracked a smile, turning around to face me.

"Hey."

"I'm- I'm gonna call them after classes."

"Whenever you're ready."

*Sam's P.O.V.*

I honestly don't know if I'm really ready or not, but I have to do it. I feel bad for the baby, but this is the right choice. I won't be a good mom, I can't give him or her enough, and plus I don't wanna quit college. Why am I still thinking about it? I already took my decision, I just gonna have to go with it.

We both got ready and exited.

*later at lunch*

"So have you decided what you're gonna do?" Olivia whispered.

I nodded. "An abortion."

"Oh."

"Why oh?"

"No nothing. It's just that I can't believe you're... it must will be horrible."

"Yeah... But I have no other choice..." I said looking down.

"Yeah... And Ethan? He's okay with it?"

"I think so. He said he's gonna be with me when it'll happen, so I suppose he's okay with it."

"Okay."

"I'm just so scared."

"It's normal. But everything will be okay. Trust me."

"I do trust you. And I can't wait for all of this drama to be over."

She cracked a smile and we continued eating.

After lunch Ethan and I walked back to our room and I called my gynecologist.

"Hello, Mrs. Andrews's office, how may I help you?" The assistant said.

"Uhm... Hi, I'm Sam Granger. I... I wanted an appointment for..."

Ethan held my hand to help me relax. I took a deep breath and continued to talk.

"I wanted an appointment for an abortion."

"Okay Ms. Granger, I'm gonna book an appointment for you tomorrow at 4 pm. Is it okay?"

"Yes. Thank you. Have a nice day."

"You too."

I hung up. Oh my God. This is a torture. I have to wait an entire day.

I started to held his hand tight and tight. My eyes were wide open and staring into space.

"Ow." He said removing his hand from my grip. "Hey! Look at me! Sam, look at me!"

He moved my face to make me look into his hazel eyes.

"You're gonna be okay. Everything will be fine."

"Thank you." We hugged and he started to rub my back.

*the next day*

The day has come. Neither Ethan and I slept. Of course how could we sleep? I'm already panicking and I think he is too, but he isn't showing it.

We got ready for classes.

*later that day*

The time flew by so fast, it was already 3 pm. Ethan and I left the campus, and he drove to the hospital.

We arrived there 5 minutes earlier. The girl who I talked on the phone with greeted us and made us sit in the waiting room.

Since I'm studying medicine I know all the procedures, and the one that I have to do today it's the most horrible one. One thing is if you have to do it to a patient, another person, but if that person is you it's all different. I don't know if I'm still ready for it. I need air. I- I think I'm having a panic attack. I... I can't breathe.

"Sam. Breathe. Calm down. It'll last for a few minutes. I'm gonna be there next to you, holding your hand. I'll never leave you. I promised."

I looked him in the eyes, trying to calm myself down, and thankfully it worked. He's my strength. He's always able to make me feel better.

"Sam." The doctor called me and made me enter into the room.

"He can enter, right? Because I really need him right now." I asked referring to Ethan.

"Of course."

I took a sit laying on my back on the chair and she made me laid my feet in the stirrups.

Doing the entire operation I was looking Ethan who was holding my hand. I couldn't afford to look there. I feel already bad, I didn't wanna feel worse.

After 15 minutes that felt like an eternity, it ended. I had to spend a few hours still there for recovery.

After that we went back to campus.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I honestly don't know. I think so."

We stayed there looking at each other for a while and then we fell asleep.