He Gave A House Tour

Fuck, this is a huge mansion! With gates and cameras and... Everything! He pulls into the driveway, stopping his car right in the middle of it. The garage is open, and Mitch can see two more cars, one that looks like a brand new Tesla, his dream car, and an older rusty model of a Mustang.

Mitch gets out of the car, Scott already right beside him but Mitch's eyes are still fixed on the garage. Scott chuckles.

"Like what you see?"

"Are these all yours?"

"Yeah." Scott nods, leaning nonchalantly against the black G-Wagon. "If you ever need anything, feel free to use the Tesla or something. I usually drive this baby." He pats the Mercedes.

Mitch huffs out a laugh, looking at Scott with a frown.

"Yeah, sure, queen."

"Why? You don't have a driver's license?"

"Wait. You're actually serious?"

"Of course! The Tesla basically drives by itself, you can't do anything wrong with it."

"O-okay? I mean, thank you, I guess?"

"No problem." Fuck, there's the smile again. That smile that makes all the teenage girls (and Mitch Grassi) melt. "Come on." He pushes himself off of the car and takes Mitch's hand. He doesn't seem to realize that it's not necessary to hold his hand, they're on private property with no paparazzi but still, it feels too good to have Mitch complaining.

Scott opens the door, leading him into the entrance hall - a huge, bright room that easily has the size of Mitch's own two bedroom apartment in New York.

"This is just the entrance hall, nothing too interesting going on here. I'll show you around."

Mitch just nods, following the superstar.

"This," Scott stops in the doorway of a huge room with a gigantic couch, a 200 inch TV on the wall, a fireplace, a glass wall, and five bean bags scattered around the room. "This is the living room."

"Whoa. And... You live here by yourself?" Mitch ventures carefully. Scott catches up on his insecurity and chuckles.

"If you have any questions, literally about anything just ask away. I'm a human being, just like you. No need to be scared or intimidated." He leans against the frame. "And yes, I pretty much live here alone. I have a cat, though." His eyes light up. And Mitch already knows, the cat's name is Wyatt-Blue Hoying, Scott absolutely adores his little sphynx kitty, but he still pretends like this is news. He raises his eyebrows in fake surprise.

"Oh, wow! I love cats, they're so cute."

"Yes, my little Wywy can be quite annoying, but I love him. He's good company. But friends visit all the time so I'm barely ever alone."

"That's so nice."

He knows it all too well, the house parties that he occasionally sees on Snapchat. With famous people like Betty Who, Tyler Oakley...

"Okay, anyway, come on."

Scott walks into the kitchen, leading the way for Mitch. Again, he stops in the doorway.

"This is the kitchen. To be completely honest, it's been used like once by my friend Carissa. I can't cook, I don't even know how to use a cheese grater, so we'll probably order takeout every night unless you want to use it? You're free to use whatever you want, you can feel right at home. But I'm not forcing you to cook or anything."

They go back out again, take a look at the guest bathroom downstairs before they go upstairs. This is the place that Mitch usually sees on Snapchat or Instagram, and he can't help it but freak out a little bit when he realizes that he's actually there.

There's a huge room with a dining table, another glass wall but this time you can go out onto the patio. On the wall, all the gold and platinum records are set up, and right below there's a shelf with all of his Grammy awards. Mitch still remembers when Scott won his first Grammy for best newcomer artist five years ago. Mitch cried because he felt so proud of his idol.

"Your house is beautiful," Mitch finally says. "Wow."

"Thank you. By the way, you can Snapchat or Instagram whatever you want, this is your house too now, but don't make the layout too obvious. I don't want people to break in."

"Oh, of course!" Mitch nods.

"I'll show you the bedrooms now and then we can go out for a coffee?"

Mitch tries to suppress a smile but it ends up breaking through.

"Sure. I would love that."

They go back into the hallway and enter the first room on the right.

"This is your room."

"Wait- oh my god."

There's a huge bed with dark gray bedding at the wall in the middle, and across from it, there's a huge tv. He also spots a walk-in closet in the corner. Perfect. He needs a lot of closet space for his clothes.

"Do you like it?" Scott asks shyly. Mitch just nods, a hand still covering his mouth.

"I love it! Scott, this is so big, though. Are you sure this is my room?"

Scott giggles, obviously relieved. "Of course."

"Alright, wow. Thank you so much, I- I don't even know what to say."

"Come on, last room. I'm too excited for the coffee."

Now it's Mitch's turn to giggle, but he also blushes a little.

"Me too."

They go into a bright blue room, and Mitch immediately recognizes it. The standing mirror in the corner is one of Scott's usual settings for mirror selfies. The dark wooden bed, the La La Land posters on the wall, it's all too familiar. But what makes him frown is the fact that his room is a lot smaller than Mitch's.

"I love your room. It's so cozy."

"Yeah," Scott agrees. "I like that it's not huge, it's just a regular room and I feel like that kind of keeps me grounded, too. I love having a space that's not overdone with anything. It makes me feel normal again."

"That actually makes sense."

"Okay." Scott smiles. "Now coffee?"