Hurry Up

"Do you... Remember anything from last night?"

Scott rubbed his face. "Honestly? Not much. We were at the club, I had a couple martinis, we talked... And somehow we got back home in one piece. Why? Did I do something embarrassing?" He was already cringing which made Mitch chuckle but laughing hurt him a little right now.

"You, uh... Hooked up with a guy. Uh... Sebastian. I basically carried you out of the club cause you weren't able to walk."

"Fuck." Now he was really cringing at himself. "Why did I do that?"

"I kinda told you to check him out? But then you were on the dancefloor grinding against him and kissing him-"

"Okay, stop, stop, enough details. Ew. Why?"

"You were drunk."

"Okay, and... Did I say anything?"

"Like...?" That you're in love with someone?

"Oh, um... Nothing specific, just wondering what kind of shit I talked."

So it was shit? Does this mean there's no one else?

"Nothing that I recall. Just, you know, complimenting me." He tried to make Scott laugh by throwing a wink at him but he actually blushed a little. Or was it his imagination playing tricks on him?

"Oh. Well, you were really beautiful."

"Thank you. And..." Mitch pulled out Scott's piece of paper from last night. He'd contemplated to throw it away but in the end, he couldn't bring himself to do it. He couldn't stand in between Scott and his chance at happiness. "You got the guy's number. I... Kept it for you, in case you wanted to..."

"Oh... Thanks." He took the slip from Mitch. "I... Don't think I'll text him. I don't even remember him."

"Good." Mitch let out a relieved breath. Scott furrowed his brows in question so Mitch explained. "He seemed like a jerk."

"I... Can't assess that."

Mitch decided to completely drop the topic.

"You have to be at the show in-" he checked his invisible watch, "three hours, and mommy wants some food before that."

Scott jumped up immediately. "Oh, shit..." He sat down again, a hand on his forehead.

"Scott, careful! Do you need an Advil or something?"

"No... I'll be fine."

"Okay..." Mitch wasn't convinced. "Bring one just in case. Come on, let's go."

***

That night, Scott had his interview. He was still completely hungover, but after the delicious pizza they had for lunch he already felt a lot better. The problem was, though, the show was the Late Late Show with James Corden. Meaning it would be aired live. He couldn't afford any mistakes.

Mitch had come along and promised to let people know he was there by posting live videos on his Instagram stories. But for now, he was sat in the first row, waiting for the show to start.

Scott would be performing a song, too, one that no one had ever heard before. It was a complete surprise for the audience, but even though Scott insisted on keeping it a surprise from Mitch, too, just for fun as he put it, he managed to winkle out some information. All he knew now was that the song was called Hurry Up and that he'd written and recorded it all a couple of days ago and couldn't wait to release it. Not much information, but Mitch couldn't help but feel impressed that he made Scott tell him that.