Pretty Boy

The rest of the shopping tour went by rather slowly, with awkward silences as if they both wanted to address the elephant in the room, only there wasn't one to begin with. Scott agreed to only buy Mitch two garments, which were one, an asymmetrical black and white Raf Simons turtleneck sweater (Mitch made sure it was plain enough to be below $1,000 as Scott had insisted he doesn't look at the price tags), and two, light blue denim jeans with scribbling on them. Mitch fell in love with them the moment he set foot into the Gucci store but he knew for a fact they were too expensive - he'd thought, rather dreamed about getting them back home in New York. But after some convincing from Scott, he agreed to at least try them on, and when he was wearing them... Let's say there was no way back.

"Scott..." Mitch began for the third time already. "At least let me pay a part of it. They cost more than a thousand."

"And?" Scott just shrugged, making Mitch huff in desperation. "A pretty boy deserves pretty things."

Mitch blushed for a moment before he regained his composure and followed Scott to the checkout.

"Don't say that! I- I don't-"

"Oh my god." Scott gasped. Mitch followed his look and oh my god. There it was, a bright bubblegum pink fur coat hanging at the very end of the store. Mitch was about to tug on Scott's arm to make him head to the checkout because by no means was he going to purchase this coat, but Scott had already stepped forward and was approaching the expensive mistake.

"Scott-"

"I want this for my music video shoot," he just said, and Mitch let out a relieved breath. "Wow, this is gonna be perfect." He reached out a hand to stroke the soft material, and Mitch did the same.

"It feels..." He swallowed. "Like it would at least cost 20,000."

Scott checked the price tag. "Close. 19,000."

"Holy."

"Not just for the music video shoot," he said thoughtfully. "I could see you wearing this to high-end parties."

Mitch's eyes widened. "I'm not wearing that. No." He shook his head wildly. "I would ruin it in a matter of seconds."

"You wouldn't. Either way, I'm getting it." He stood on his tiptoes to get it off the hanger.

"A-are you sure?"

Scott furrowed his eyebrows. "Do you like it?"

"I- I mean it's gorgeous, but it's not up to me, it's for your video shoot-"

"I'm getting it."

"O-okay?"

Scott gave Mitch a warm, excited smile before he turned back around and with the scribbled pants and the bubblegum coat in his arms, he walked towards the checkout, Mitch following shut.

After Scott paid and they were out of the store, Mitch let out a deep breath he's been holding this whole time.

"You know what? You're crazy," he said breathlessly, pointing at Scott.

Scott just laughed. "Why? Cause I like making people happy?"

"You know it's not all about money, right?"

Scott's lips formed a straight line before he looked to the ground like a little kid caught stealing cookies and nodded. "I know."

"Hey..." Mitch reached out and touched his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Scott. We can talk about it at home."

"Don't worry." He put an arm around Mitch's waist and pressed a kiss to his temple, making his face turn hot and pinker than the coat, or so he thought. "Let's get a coffee?"