Chapter Three

P.O.V.: Roman, First Person
Timeline: Flashback (cont.)

Did - Did that just -He - HE -

SLAMMED THE DOOR IN MY FACE.

I stood there momentarily shocked as I tried to gather what had just taken place. He just -

SLAMMED THE DOOR.

IN.

MY.

FACE.

Furious, I stalked off to give Morality a stern talking to. Anxiety was OFFICIALLY banned from my parties. And once he was, I'd make sure everyone else didn't invite him either.

No way was this side gonna just let him get away with something like that.

I was a PRINCE!

And who was he to talk down on me? A prince!

I wanted revenge.

Wait - who was I kidding? Not inviting him to any more parties - that probably wouldn't bother him at all.

In fact, the stupid side might actually be happy about it.

Ugh. If only I knew what got to him, what would make him truly offended (even if it still paled in comparison to the injustice he'd done me) .

Of course.

"Patton forced me."

I knew exactly what little side would tell me everything that I needed to know.

*****

I found Morality in the kitchen, sitting on the counter. He jumped up on the counter next to the sink. Patton smiled at the cookie in his hand while he adjusted himself according, making sure he wouldn't fall off the counter. He didn't notice me as he took a bite of the Chocolate Chip Cookie in his left hand.

To my surprise, almost instantly he spat it out looking horrified. "Oatmeal Raisin?!" Patton yelled, looking hurt and slightly horrified. "What cruel person would put Oatmeal Raisin Cookies in the Chocolate Chip Cookie Jar!"

"How dare someone do such a horrid thing!" I joined eagerly.

Well, apparently too eagerly cause at the sound of my voice, Patton let out a yelp of surprise and promptly fell into the sink.

"Oh my," I said rushing over to help him get back to his feet.

"Uh - hi Roman," Patton said looking surprised, but not unpleasantly so like Anxiety. "Whatcha doing here, kiddo? You look like you're looking for something."

Sometimes, it just AMAZES me how well Patton reads people.

And how clueless he somehow still seems to be.

"Actually, Patton, I AM looking for something. Well, someone," I amended, poking him in the arm purposely.

"Well who ya lookin' for kiddo?" Patton lowered his voice. "'Cause right now I'm in a hunt to figure out who switched out the Chocolate Chip Cookies."

Oh geez.

Did everything go right over him?

"As tempting as that is," I continued matching him in the same low voice, "I actually was looking for you to ask you some questions," I said, my voice returning to its normal volume.

Patton blinked, looking acutely surprised. He's so adorable. "Oh. Okay," he said, dropping the Oatmeal Raisin cookie in the trash. He suddenly froze, looking very nervous. "This isn't like... a - um - test or something right?"

"No, no," I reassured him. "Just a couple questions about a fellow side of yours that you happen to be friends with."

"Oh. Which one?" Patton asked, looking baffled and possibly... embarrassed?

"Anxiety."

Silence. "Oh." Patton said after a moment, blinking in surprise. "Um, I don't know if I can answer too many questions about him, Roman. He doesn't really talk that much."

"But you two are friends?" I pushed, eagerly.

"Yeah. I mean - I think so," He added as an uncertain after-thought, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"When did you meet him?"

"I... I dunno," Patton mentioned. "Like I said, he doesn't talk much. I think we just hung out together before we actually had a conversation."

"But when you did start to talk, what did you talk about?" I was all but grilling him for information.

Patton smiled. "I'm surprised at your interest, Roman! It's good that you want to get to know him better, really nice of you," Patton said, smiling at me proudly while I tried not to feel slightly guilty.

"Oddly enough, we were talking about cookies. He came out here for a midnight snack raid. We didn't say much, but he mentioned that he LOVES oatmeal raisin cookies and - Oh my gosh do you think it was him? The person who replaced the Chocolate Chip Cookies?" Patton asked, eagerly.

Wow.

Patton is the definition of a one track mind.

"Um, possibly," I amended in hopes to get us back on track. "But I couldn't be absolutely sure unless you tell me more about him. What does he like?"

"Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, cats, and of course those headphones - goodness, I don't think I've ever seen him without them," Patton rambled. "But now that I think about it, he's not the one to really play practical jokes. Not that he's serious all the time or anything, it's just not his style," Patton continued, just casually handing me all the ammunition I needed for my revenge.

"Do you think we should ask Logan?" Patton continued. "He's a good detective."

"Um - actually I have to go do something real quick - but if you want, go ask Logan and come find me later and tell me all about what you find out," I said, adding a charming smile at the end.

"Okay," Patton said and actually didn't look disappointed that I didn't want to come along- which both hurt my pride and intrigued my curiosity. Did he -

"See ya later, Roman!" Patton said, sliding off the counter in search for Logan, and was gone so quickly I didn't even get a chance to respond.

Oh well. I had revenge to plot.

______________________________

Yeah, Roman so EXTRA XD

And Patton's so stinkin' cute. He's so adorkable. :D

*tentatively* SOOOOOOO Whatcha think so far? I mean, I'm assuming if you're still reading I haven't bored you to death :P

-Max :)