Chapter Seven

Important! This was Chapter 6 - now Chapter 7. If you haven't read the updated Chapter 6, go do that!

Summary of Chapter 5: Anxiety has a severe anxiety attack due to not being to find his headphones- so severe, he faints. Patton takes charge and tells Logan to go check on Thomas. Meanwhile, Roman and Patton carry Anxiety to the couch. Patton tries to wake Anxiety up using the Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Anxiety's favorite), but with no success. Patton and Roman have a heartfelt moment, before Patton goes to check on Thomas since Logan didn't return yet, which concerns Patton greatly. Roman tries to get Anxiety to eat the cookies, but still without any luck. Roman smells something funny, realizes that Anxiety's bladder contracted, and Anxiety starts having a seizure.

WARNING: Trigger: Seizure

Once again, I'll mark when the trigger starts, ends, and leave a summary of this chapter at the beginning of the next. :)

And now... our feature presentation XD
______________________________
Point of View: Roman, First Person
Timeline: Flashback (cont.)

(A/N: seizure trigger cont.)

What was I supposed to do?! How was this even happening right now? Thomas doesn't even get seizures!

Okay - questions later, saving the day first.

I think I... I read a book about this (why are you so surprised? I can read...) a while ago!

Okay, um airway - breathing was the most important thing.

Anxiety's eyes were open now, fear evident in his eyes as they met mine. Tears streamed down his cheeks, but miraculously his eyeshadow wasn't messed up at all.

I quickly stepped over him and turned Anxiety on his side, just in case he puked.

Anxiety let out a cry of pain as he entered the next phase and air was shoved abruptly from his lungs. Anxiety went entirely and frighteningly rigid - even for his naturally rigid self.

I looked around for something rubber to keep Anxiety from biting off his own tongue. But we had no reason to keep anything that remotely resembled a bite block. I glanced around, searching desperately. I had to act fast.

What could I -

Of course.

My sash. Alone it was thin, but rolled up it just might -

Without any kind of hesitation, I ripped my sash and rolled the red fabric as fast as I could in a log shape.

I pried Anxiety's lips with one hand and shoved the fabric between his teeth just as his body fell into the final phase so harshly that I was forced to dodge a flailing arm.

Anxiety's muscles started spazzing and his eyes had rolled behind his head. I held Anxiety against the couch to keep him from rolling off.

I hindsight, I should have moved him to the floor, but it was too late. I didn't want to move him now.

There was nothing more I could do.

(A/N: Trigger Over, however will be mentioned consistently for the remainder of this chapter)

I held my breath - a habit I often fell into when I was stressed.

I surprised myself by how worried I was about him. But it was kinda hard to hate someone when they're being held captive to their own body.

After what must have only been a minute or so, Anxiety stopped, slumping against the couch, exhausted.

Gently, I picked Anxiety up and brought him back to my room, setting him on my bed. Anxiety didn't move, remaining unconscious.

I went to my closet and pulled out a new pair of pants and boxers. When I came back, Anxiety was starting to stir, but still too weak to move.

"Princey?" Anxiety choked, once his eyes focused and recognized me.

I frowned, but remained civil. "Morning My Emo Nightmare," I responded. Where did that come from? "Uh - What do you remember?"

Anxiety frowned. "I... What happened?" Groaning, Anxiety reached one hand up to his head, which with no doubt must be pounding.

I picked up the water on my dresser and pressed it on the outside of his hand. "Drink,"

Surprisingly, Anxiety didn't argue, twisting the cap and downing the rest.

I set the extra set of clothes next to him. "Do you need help or can you get changed yourself?"

Anxiety sputtered in surprise. "Excuse me?" he asked, his face slightly pink with embarrassment.

"When people have seizures, the bladder contracts," I answered. "Do you want help changing or not?"

Anxiety was so shocked he spit water onto my bed. I frowned, but didn't say anything. I was going to have to wash everything anyway.

"I HAD A SEIZURE?!"

I didn't respond for a moment, my silence confirming his statement. "Clothes are there. If you want a new shirt, grab one out of the closet. I'll be back in 2 minutes," I said, stepping towards the door.

"Wait!" Anxiety said, waving a hand in my direction. I stopped - surprised. What did he want? "Um... I'm not sure exactly what happened, but... I know that you helped me. So - uh - thank you, Roman."

I blinked, surprised that he knew my name. How did he know? Oh well. My name isn't exactly a secret, I guess.

I nodded before proceeding to step out of my room and closed the door behind me.

I teleported back to the living room and moments after I arrived, Patton and Logan showed up - looking a little stressed but overall well.

Patton noticed my grim expression first.

"Roman? Where is Anxiety?" Patton asked, slowly - clearly concerned. "And what happened to your sash?"

"In my room," I answered quietly. "There was... a situation."

"What kind of situation?" Logan asked, as Patton seemed to be scared into silence.

"Um Logan?" I asked, tentatively.

Logan nodded, proving that I indeed did have his full attention.

"How much do you know about... seizures?"
______________________________
I'm sorry this is so delayed and quite frankly not even that good. However I'm definitely posting the next chapter this week!
Also, Disclaimer: I've never written an seizure scene (bet some of you here know where I'm going with this already) nor ever experienced nor even seen anyone actually have a seizure (thank goodness). If this is highly inaccurate and you'd like me to fix it, lemme know!
Also, I understand Roman is very OOC - that will be explained in the next one. Don't worry.
On a totally unrelated note I have another story I just started if you'd like to check it out. It's called "Dear Whomever" and it's... Well it's different and I'd really love some feedback on it (and this one too!).
Hope you are having a lovely day! And if not... Then I hope you have a lovely tommorow :>

-Max :)