Chapter Twelve

P.O.V.: Roman, First Person
Timeline: Flashback (cont.)

I gotta admit.  I don't think Patton really thought this through when he decided to make us stay in each other's rooms.

Logan was constantly popping in, taking me out at least every half hour to prevent corruption.

A good trait in a negative corner?

... it's rough.

I caught a glimpse of myself in a hallway mirror - anxiety somehow didn't have not one mirror in that entire room of his - to find dark eyeshadow under my eyes, a constant now that I was in Anxiety's room so much. Logan made sure that he kept me in there long enough for them to not fade completely, even when he walked me around.

And I wasn't allowed to go to my room.

Which meant I felt like crap.

"You should feel awful. You stole from another trait. I don't argue Patton's punishment. I think you deserve it to be frank. Granted, I probably would have gone about it much differently, but I don't necessarily think it was unfair."

... Did I say that out loud?

If that isn't an example of why I needed to get back in my room, I didn't know what was.

"Come on," I argued. "Surely you don't like having to walk me around like a dog every half hour."

"I certainly do not," Logan agreed. "But I will do it again and again because you crossed the line, Roman.  What were you even thinking?" Logan stopped several feet in front of Anxiety's door and faced me.

"I cannot even begin to comprehend why you would think that was okay, or that it wouldn't have consequences."

"Yeah yeah, okay I understand I deserve it. But - uh - maybe you could speak to Patton, talk him into another type of punishment?" I tried.

"I could," Logan stated, walking forward again. "But I won't. Like I said - I don't believe that Patton's punishment was unjust."

"Logan," I whined as we came back to the dark door of Anxiety's room.

"In," Logan snapped mercilessly, pointing at the door.

Sighing, I walked to the door, stopping the moment my hand landed on the handle.

I got an idea.

I was desperate to even consider this...

"What... What if I made a deal?"

"Roman-"

"What if I gave up my powers instead?" I quickly finished.

Logan froze, his jaw dropping at the mere suggestion. His eyes widened when I didn't take it back.

"P-Pardon?" Logan asked, probably thinking he misheard.

"What if I gave up my powers instead of staying here?" I repeated.

My powers. The ability to create.  Like I did for Anxiety's wheelchair. I wouldn't be able to create and physical object, nor ideas.

It was something that was quite desperate for me to suggest, as creating was my entire purpose. Even giving that up for a couple hours was painful. Especially if Thomas decided he wanted to start a video - in order to supply him with the creativity, I would actually have go give up a piece of my essence.

A painful, permanent ordeal.

The last time... my goodness. I still have nightmares about it. One moment fine, and the next incredibly pain and loss -

"Roman, are you serious?" Logan asked, still stunned. "You understand what you are saying you will do, if Patton accepts?"

Yeah. I was that desperate.

To this day, I still have two long scars on my back from the last time...

Granted, it was a big idea - one that ended with Thomas deciding he liked Science.  Without it, he wouldn't have gotten into the Science Field at all.

Not that it really mattered much in the end, when he became a social media personality. Not that I'm bitter. In the end, this was a much more relieving creative outlet... but I have not been able to regain what I lost that day, even after all this time.

Because of one - very painful, yet essential - idea.

I was in pain for months after, mourning over my lost.

Today this day, there is only one Disney movie that I simply cannot bear to watch because of it...

And here I was offering to risk having all this happen again for however long Patton chose.

Logan still looked baffled by the suggestion. "I - I don't think this is a good idea, Roman.  I don't think you're thinking straight."

"I never think straight. Ever. I'm not straight. Anyway," I continued getting back in track. "Well then good thing it isn't your decision to make," I answered.

Could he not see that I had to incredibly desperate to even suggest this? But Anxiety's room... it's awful. Sometimes I swear it knows I stole from Anxiety an - and whispers things, things only Patton, Logan, and myself know of...

"Just promise that you'll talk to Patton about it," I continued, before I talked myself out of it. But this room... I wouldn't make it.

Logan paused. "Are you sure? This is serious."

"So am I. I won't make it another two days in that room - even with breaks," I admitted, not mentioning the creepy voices. "That's my bargain, what I'm willing to offer instead."

Logan sighed, pulling off his glasses and pressing the pressure points in the corner of his eyes, what he does when he's incredibly stressed.

"I - I'll talk with him," Logan said finally.

Satified, I nodded at him before walking in his room, hoping that when I walked out next, I would never have to walk back in again.

Patton would have to accept it. I hoped so.

I couldn't make it much longer.

___________________________
Ooo what do you think happened the last time Roman gave up his powers? And why is he so desperate to escape the room that he's willing to sacrifice his powers again? 

Comment your thoughts down below!

Also, I haven't added an author's note to any of the present day chapters, which is why I didn't do the vote thingy last chapter in case anyone was curious. Honestly, I think that will probably be the norm (for a while anyway).

And I decided to pick my favorite comment each chapter too - these made me smile ☺

Chapter Ten:

Voters:
BlueJaysMama
FubukiSnow
NoCh1llPanda
princeyandhottopic
mainly_a_fander
CinderAsh

Commenter: NoCh1llPanda
Comment:
oh dang, wonder what kind of Prinxiety shiz is gonna happen XD. Btw, thx for the shout-out. It was really unexpected, and it's a nice gesture to do for fans :D

Me: *blushes* D'AW THANKS :)

Chapter Eleven:

Voters:
NoCh1llPanda
CinderAsh
BlueJaysMama
FubukiSnow

Commenter: SMOLOFTHEFANDOMS
Comment: UPDATEEEE

Me: Bahahaha XD

And lastly, thank you guys so much :D I really appreciate everyone who is reading my story so far and I really am glad that (yo if you're reading this: first, thanks for reading this part. second, comment the word 'pancakes' and I'll post the next chapter early) everyone has liked it so far. We'll, at least I haven't heard otherwise XD.  But I'm just gonna assume if you have read this far you like it. And for that I'm thankful cause I really do work hard on this (or work on this when I shouldn't, whatever comes first haha).

-Max :)