Chapter Six

A/N: Brace yourself y'all - we're jumping back to Present Day!
Also this is now Chapter 6! The old Chapter 6 is now Chapter 7! Major editing going down! Enjoy!
______________________________
Here's something in case you need to jog your memory...

"I just don't understand why you won't talk to me!" Roman yelled, clearly frustrated. "That's not how relationships work, Virgil! We lean on each OTHER."

"Well I DON'T lean on anyone," Virgil snapped back, fists clenched against his sides. Virgil's pale face looked slightly pink which proved he must be LIVID right now - the maddest Roman had ever seen him. "I don't rely on anyone. Never have, never will. I JUST don't let people in. And if that bothers you, then the door's right there."
...
"Come and find me if you change your mind," Roman said...
...
... Roman moved to the door and slowly closed it behind him, giving Virgil every chance to stop him, every chance to let him in, every chance to mend everything they had together...
______________________________
P.O.V.: Virgil, Third Person
Timeline: Present Day!

Virgil collapsed the moment Roman shut the door.

It was like all his strength vanished when Roman closed that door and he just collapsed, hitting the floor with a thud. His eyes started to water but no, he would not cry, he could not cry. This was all his fault anyway.

You are the reason the person you love isn't here right now. Ro- Princey gets to cry, not you. No, you have no right, Virgil thought even as the tears started streaming down his cheeks. This is your fault. You pushed him away, now pay the price.

A tremor went down his whole body and Virgil just continued to curl in on himself. No, he had to do this. And yeah it wasn't going to feel all that great but somehow Virgil wasn't expecting it to hurt this much.

Virgil teleported to another room, his own starting to hurt more hand help. Virgil hesitated, hovering on the outside of the door. It wasn't the first time he'd needed the father figure, but Patton was the only one Virgil felt like he could go to - now that Rom - HE was out of the QUESTION. 

He knocked gently, trying to shove away the few tears that had slipped out before the door opened. Not that it would matter anyway. Virgil couldn't hold them back too much longer.

Patton opened up the door and his mouth formed an 'o' of surprise. Patton stared at the youngest side momentarily in shock, taking in the youngest sides poor condition. Without a second thought, Patton pulled the younger side inside the room.

"Hey, hey, don't cry..." Virgil heard just moments before the flood gates opened and there was nothing he could do to hold back the sobs.

Virgil fell gratefully into the father figures open arms, sobbing into Patton's shoulder. Patton didn't say a word - only holding Virgil tighter.

After a while, after Virgil had cried all the tears left to cry, a burning sensation filled him. Virgil jumped up, tearing himself away from the father figure, and barely made it to the toilet in time before he dumped the remains of his insides.

"It hurts dad, it hurts so bad," Virgil cried, once he finished. Patton's eyes widened in panic, wrongly assuming Virgil meant his stomach.

"It hurts, it hurts right here," Virgil said, pressing the dad's hand against Virgil's beating heart. Patton's eyes saddened in understanding, but he didn't say a word.

"Please, take the pain away Dad. Please, I can't bear it," Virgil sobbed.

"I - I can't do that, kiddo," Patton said quietly, gently pulling him into a hug once more. "I'm so sorry."

Virgil spent the next few days in Patton's room. Patton left every now and again, bringing back food that Virgil would ignore.

The first time, Patton had made the mistake of bringing back Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Virgil let out a cry of pain and smacked the plate to the ground - which shattered on the floor and sent the cookie pieces everywhere.

Since then, he mostly brought sandwiches - simple bread and cheese, wrapped in a paper towel.

Virgil ended up sleeping a lot, spending most of his time on the couch in Patton's room.

"How are you feeling, son? Are you feeling any better?" Patton asked, gently once Virgil had woken from yet another one of his daily naps.

Virgil didn't respond, getting to his feet. Patton followed, stunned, as Virgil went into the kitchen and grabbed a cookie from the cookie jar - a chocolate chip cookie.

"Are... Are you feeling better, Virgil?"

Silence.

"I feel... empty."
______________________________