:1:

Ethan's p.o.v.

I walked down the street, my hands in my pockets and my head phones in.

I kicked a rock as it skid down the side walk, and met with my feet once again. That was until a pack of furry paws came bounding up to me, and a dog suddenly lying down on it's back, asking for a tummy rub.

I pulled out my ear phones and smiled, patting the dog softly and giving it a good scratch. "Awe, what a cute pupper you are!"  I say in a sweet boy voice, smiling widley.

"Barney, there you are!" I suddenly hear a girl yell. 

I'm covered by a shadow, and as I look up, I see a girl who was breathing heavily and bent over, trying to catch her breath.

"Oh my god, thank you for finally getting barns to slow down!" She thanked me, standing up.

My eyes met hers as she frowned to me softly. She grabbed her dog by the leash and apologized for the inconvenience of him running up and asking for a belly rub, which I didn't mind at all, because I had just met the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

"it's really no problem, you've got a cute dog" I reply back with a smile. Her faced flashed a deep thought for a second whilst she furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me fully.

"hmmm... you look like my friend Amy's friend" She mumbled, tugging her dog Barney closer to her to make sure she wouldn't run off this time. "it's probably nothing though" She brushed off.

"I'm y/n by the way, once again, thanks for catching Barney!" She said sweetly, extending her hand for a shake. I took it and smiled.

"I'm Ethan, and it's no problem once again!" I reply back.

"I probably need to head home anyways. I've got to work on a project for work.... maybe see you around though!" She said happily, waving to me before she ran off in the opposite direction that I was walking in.

I just longingly stared at her as she ran the way that I wasn't going, and my heart just sank knowing that I probably wasn't going to ever really see her again.

Great.