:5:

~Still the same day~

Ethan's p.o.v.

"Miss y/n, you're not going like this news" The vet told her. Her face dropped and she crossed her arms tightly, as she flipped some hair out of her face and gestured for the vet to continue.

"Your dog Barney.... his-well.... my assumptions were right....." The vet said sadly.

"Wh-what? no! no... Are you sure?" Y/n ask shakily.

"Yes, He has a very common bone-marrow cancer... and it's near to impossible to get rid of" The vet informed.

Y/n stood up and ran over to Barney as I sat there awkward,y, watching y/n cry into her sick dog. She kissed his head multiple times, giving him scratches and pets, then more kisses. I walked up beside her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Y/n I'm so sorry" I whisper to her.

She looked up to me and shook her head. "Don't apologize Ethan, it's not your fault" She sniffled. She wiped her eyes, and stood up properley, still rubbing the top of Barney's head.

"I've only had him for 4 years, he can't even be that old to have cancer" Y/n stated, still in the state of denial.

"Like I said, it's very... VERY common." The vet stated again.

Y/n seemed unhappy, she frowned at teh vet, furrowing her eyebrows and looking back to Barney. "Can we fix him?" She asked.

"Yes-but... It's um.... kind of on the expensive side" The vet stated.

Y/n looked back to Barney and began to cry even more. "I-I don't know anymore" She muumbled before blaintantly walking out of the vet's office, leaving me in the office with Barney.

I pet him softly and looked up to the vet.

"How much?" I ask.

"Roughly $2000" She replied.

I glanced down to Barney and sternly looked up at her. 

"Don't tell y/n I'm doing this, I want it to be a surprise" I state.

|

|

|

~Hey, sorry for the short chapter. But y'all thought that I was actually going to kill off a dog? Do you even know me? Queen please. Anyways, I'm sorry for the short chapter but, ya know, school n dance n stuff. I'm a busy person okay? I'm a teacher, I'm a student, I'm a dancer, and I'm a church goer, plus I'm tryna get with my crush. They're is a lot on my plate. Love y'all!~

❤️❤️Bye!