The Name

"Babe, what about Damien?"

  "Ru, you're gonna make his name sound like 'demon', no kidding," Kylie responds to her husband's suggestion.

  Ruru sighed in return, "Love, why don't we just make him a junior? Para mas madali 'tong paghahanap ng pangalan."

  "All juniors are pasaway and have a topak," she replied with a hint of frustration in her voice. She was eight months pregnant and here they were on the couch with a baby book on her lap and still no name for the poor baby.

  "Uhm, Alejandro?"

  "May kilala akong Alejandro, bakla siya, Babe."

  "Jaden?"

  "Ayoko niyan."

  "Bakit?" he asks.

  "Kase ayoko! Kailangan pa ba may rason?" she snapped at him. To be honest, she was getting on his nerves more than just a little bit, but she's pregnant and frustrated.

Buntis siya, Ru. Buntis siya sa anak niyo. Kalma ka lang.

  "Love, we've been discussing this for hours. Can we talk about something else? Something less stressing, perhaps?" he asked trying not to sound too stressed.

  "No! Ru, I'll be giving birth in a month and this poor kid still doesn't have a name," she sighed rubbing her baby bump.

  "Okay, sige. What about something that sounds Spanish?" he suggested hoping she wouldn't turn into Mt. Kylie and start to erupt.

  "Well, both of our family names do sound Spanish," she considers, "I kinda like Joaquin."

  "Ako din. I like the sound of that name pero I'd like it as his second name. Ay wait lang, let's search up the meaning first," he replied. They agreed just a few months ago that their kid's name would not only have a nice-sounding name but it should also have a nice meaning.

  He searched it up in the book of baby names Mikee gave them at the baby shower. She lazily glided her fingers on the page with the 'J' names in it and she found it.

  "There it is! Joaquin, Jehovah established. Yeah, let's name him that," she said sounding quite excited. He looked at her getting all giddy and smiled.

  She's so beautiful.

  "Okay, we have a second name. Now, for the first name. Miguel?" he said to which she shook her head to, "Rafael?"

   "Babe, common na kase yun eh," then her face lit up, "ay, I have an idea. Pano kung wala na lang yung Joaquin? Ano nalang ipangalan natin sa-"

   "Love, ano ang ipapangalan mo sakanya? Okay then. Hi, ano!" he says jokingly and rubbed her belly.

   "Ru, naman eh! Gusto ko sana, Landon. Tapos second name niya, Carter. Diba ang ganda? Landon Carter," she raised her hand in the air and made an imaginary placard that had the name on it.

   "Love, nanood ka nanaman ba ng 'A Walk to Remember'?" he asks and stared at her guilty eyes, "Sabi ko na nga ba. That's why you looked so sad when I came home. But Kylie, we are not naming him that. Okay na yung Joaquin."

   "Uhm, let's scan through the book tapos tignan natin kung may magustohan tayo," she said as she started opening the book and flipping the pages.

   "Hmm, eto oh! Angelo," he says sounding proud of himself and grinned. Only to be glared up by his wife. She shook her head and mouthed 'common'.

   "Oh Love! Look at this one, Amir. It means 'prince'. It's perfect kase diba he's our little prince?" she said with her eyes almost disappearing and her smile taking all of the space on her face.

  Now, that's what I call candidly and gorgeously happy.

   "Amir? It sounds Arabic. I mean, gusto ko siya pero baka ikaw-"

   "No! I love it. Amir Joaquin Padilla-Madrid, perfect," she said with this serene look on her face that provided the utmost relief on Ruru's part.

   Ruru leaned down and stuck his head on her baby bump. He gently caressed it with one hand, "Amir Joaquin, gusto ma ba yun, Anak? You like that name? Mama and Papa-"

   "Baba," she interjects.

   "Huh?" he asks rather confused.

   "I want him to call you Baba. It's an endearment for a father in Arabic and I just find it so cute," she explains.

   "Okay, Mama and Baba picked that name for you. Do you like it?" he said his head still on her belly. Then suddenly, he felt movement and Kylie jolted, "You like that huh? Us too. Pero, Anak, hinay-hinay lang, huwag sasaktan si Mama, 'kay?" he placed a gentle kiss on the bump and sat straight with his hand still on the baby.

   "In a month, he's gonna be with us na," she says smiling also caressing her baby bump.

   "Yeah, he'll be screaming in the middle of the night. Tearing our eardrums out," he said slightly laughing which earned him a slap on the shoulder.

   "Stop ruining the moment!" Kylie exclaims also laughing.

   "But kidding aside, I'm so excited to see how he looks like. I wanna see him na," she said.

   "In a month, Love. We'll see him na, our little prince," he then gave her a peck on the lips.

  "Our little Amir"

——————
Comment and vote. Lots of love!