Trust

When in a relationship, trust is something essential. Once broken, it can be fixed, but it will never be the same. Love is something that comes with trust. If there is no trust, love can no longer help a relationship, no matter how big and true it may be.

"Yes, Love. Just one more scene and I'm done, 'kay? No, you don't have to pick me up, I'll be fine. Okay, bye. I love you too," Kylie said to her husband through the phone and hung up.

She swiped her red lipstick across her lips one more time before sitting down and reviewing her script. She sighed and put the script down because, honestly, she read that thing over a bazillion times. She picked up her favorite Lang Leav poetry book and opened it to start reading, but her focus was derived from the book when she saw her bookmark- it was a picture of Ruru carrying their little Amir in his arms topless and they were both laughing. Her two precious boys.

"Pwede sumilong dito, Ma'am?" a masculine voice said.

Kylie raised her head and saw Aljur drenched in rainwater. Saying she was surprised was a great understatement. What would her ex be doing in the set of her movie? Why did he run in the rain? Like, what?!

"AJ, what are you doing here?" she asked and rose from her seat.

"Nagpapasilong sa ulan," he replied.

"Huwag ka ngang pilosopo. What are you doing in the set, I mean?"

"Napadaan lang. The set for your new movie is near the parking lot and just so happens na I was on my way to my car tapos umulan. Yung tent mo ang pinaka malapit eh," he shrugged like it was the most normal thing to be taking off your shirt in front of your married ex.

"I-i'll go get you a towel," she says awkwardly, not really knowing how to react. She opened her bag and found a blue towel, but she couldn't let him use that one because that was hers and Ruru bought her that. She searched but only found a white towelette so, she gave him that to wipe his soaked hair and whatever.

"Pwede bang dito muna ako hanggang tumahan na ang ulan?" he asked politely.

"Okay, pero I have one more scene to go tapos I have to go na," she smiled.

"Oh? Ang aga naman," Aljur commented.

"I try not to pack my schedule too much. I have a baby who needs me at home pa eh."

"Ay, oo nga pala noh? Nanay ka na ngayon," he said and it sounded a little sharp in Kylie's ears.

"Yup, nanay na ako and I love it. It's the most fulfilling job ever," she said looking at Amir's many pictures on her phone.

"Ano yan?" the man curiously asked, peeking from her side.

"Pictures of my baby."

"Uy, patingin!" he exclaimed. The guy has always been fond of kids.

Kylie scrolled through her gallery some more and found the video of Amir saying his first word, 'Mama'. It was adorable and Kylie couldn't help but miss her boy even more.

"Ang cute niya."

"Thank you," she said and smiled. Then, a high-pitched scream exploded from her phone. It was Amir squealing in delight when Ruru tickled his side along with her husband's deep laughter. And then, it was her squealing when Ruru tickled her really hard.

She quickly turned it off, knowing the intimacy of the kiss after that scene, "Sorry, we're a weird family."

"Oh, no. Ang cute niyo nga eh. I'm happy for you," he smiled a genuine smile.

"Thank you."

A pregnant silence filled the atmosphere and Kylie felt a little awkward. She cleared her throat. "Uh, I'll go out muna. I think you need to change. You're drenched, AJ."