Drunk

Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Tick-tock.

The only sound that accompanied Kylie on the living room as she sat on their couch. Waiting for Ruru to come home, she had her phone on one hand and a baby monitor on the other. Why was he taking so long? He said only a few drinks and small conversations with friends but, it was already 2:00 a.m.

She knew staying up wasn't good for her but, she couldn't sleep. She was worried sick. She's been texting Ruru and the friends he's with but no one was replying.

Then she heard the doorbell ring. She quickly rose to her feet and sped to the door. She opened it to find Rocco assisting a Ruru that had the stench of alcohol and flushed cheeks.

He's drunk.

"Sorry, Ky. Pinilit kase nila Lance. Di naman talga 'to iinom ng marami," Rocco smiles at her as he apologized.

"Sige, thank you, Rocs. Thank you talaga. Uwi ka na, ako na bahala sa kanya," she thanks him.

"Sure ka? Pwede naman kita tulungan," he offers.

"Okay lang. Kaya ko."

"Sige. Bro, alis nako," Rocco said and gave Ruru to Kylie as Ruru drunkenly waved his hand at him.

"Love, umayos ka. Mabigat ka," Kylie said sternly.

"Lovie, mahal ko, ang ganda mo," Ruru said hiccuping his way through his sentence.

"Ru, halika na. Dalhin na kita sa kwarto," she said as he half dragged and half pushed him.

"Ikaw ha, kung gusto mo, sabihin mo lang," he said snickering naughtily.

"Kadiri ka," she says as a matter of fact.

"Kunyari ka pa. Nabuo nga si Amir eh."

"Ruru!" he laughed at her as he sways and stumbles.

She layed him down on the bed and started taking off his shoes and shirt to let him sleep peacefully.

"Tignan mo na? Gusto mo nga," he said laughing.

"Ru, huwag kang feeling. Ginagawa ko lang to para makatulog ka na," she finished taking off his shoes and shirt and was about to put it away when he pulled her by the hand causing her to fall on top of him.

She winced, "Ru, let me go."

"Why? I love you, I won't let you go," he replied as he wrapped his arms around her.

Though she would never admit it, drunk conversations with Ruru were one of her favorite things.

"Let me adjust my position, at least."

"Love, do you love me?" he asks when she rolled over to her side of the bed and hugged him as he lies on his back.

"What kind of question is that?"

"The one that you ask," he replies stupidly earning a slap on the chest, "See? You don't love me. You're hurting me."

"You idiot! Of course I love you. I wouldn't marry you if I felt otherwise."

"Really? Me too. I love you so much," he said enveloping her in his arms and placing a small kiss on her cheek.

"Any other stupid questions you got up your sleeves?" she laughed.

"You don't put questions on your sleeves," he said as if it was a fact only he knew.

"Oh really? Why not, Love?" she continued laughing.

"Because they might get lost, Silly!" he replied, "You can put it in your pocket though."

If I posted what he's saying right now, it'd ruin his career.