YbraMihan Rant

Okay, so this isn't a one shot. It's just that I had a little exchanging of opinions with one of my friends about YbraMihan. I just wanted to share my thoughts and please feel free to share yours.

   So, let's start with a simple question: why do I ship YbraMihan?

   That question actually did echo in my mind for quiet long and I searched each and every corner of my mind for the answer and I even asked my inner Amihan the same question but there was no answer. Funny because I am known as a woman of many words. I have a lot of things to stand up for and I found myself dumbfounded because of one simple question.

   Trying to explain, I sounded like a pathetic little wuss making a declaration of love. I wish I was kidding. It all started with corny statements like, "I really can't explain, it's just within me," and I later on realized that excuse, which I found a little stupid, made sense.

   We don't love them for a reason; we love them because we do. We support them because we want to. Ain't nobody paying us to do so, it's our choice.

   Now, she asked another question, "Why do you admire Amihan so much? She isn't even the perfect goody two shoes she's trying to be."

   I admit, that was true in a way. Amihan is and never was perfect but she was the closest thing to it. She was the most perfect amongst all the imperfections she had. She seemed perfect because she knew how to hide her weaknesses and focus on her strength. She knew how to pretend to be strong when her insides were broken, torn into a thousand little pieces. And the cool thing was she didn't even have to try. Amihan was only human(or diwata), she was only a mortal being who makes mistakes but the thing with her is that she never fails to right her wrongs. She is just an amazing being that everyone fell in love with(that's why her death made me cry for like a week).

   She was only mortal. Yes, she was a queen. Yes, she was a mother. Yes, she was a sister. But everyone is forgetting that she was Amihan even before all those titles were put upon her shoulders.

   And that is where Ybrahim comes in. People tell the YA fans that Amihan is a mang-aagaw because she stole Ybrahim from Alena but they forgot that Ybrahim and Alena already broke up when YbraMihan started to bloom. Still they insist that Amihan is a bad sister for having a romantic relationship with her sister's ex, but did they forget all the great things Amihan did for her sisters? Did they forget how Amihan tried her hardest not to fall for Alena's sake even when they thought she was already dead? Did they forget how Amihan was Alena's crying shoulder when she thought Ybarro died? Did they forget how she kneeled for Danaya in front of everyone just to apologize? Did they forget how Amihan still chose to accept Pirena even after her betrayal? Did they forget all the selflessness she showed to be called a selfish perso ? Did they forget all that? Or do they choose not to remember?

   So back to YbraMihan. Why did she choose to fall? First of all, she didn't choose to do so, they both didn't, but when they found out it was romance, it was too late to stop it. Coming from our dear queen Kylie, she said that in her point of view, Ybrahim gave her the family she longed for, which is true.

   I agree with her, really I do. That point in her life, Amihan was lonely, like severely alone and miserable because of it. She had to find out if her daughter was alive and find her, be a queen, be a warrior, be a protector, be a leader, and be a role model for everyone while she faced great emotional breakdowns. She was missing so many people, she always was. She missed her father, her mother, Danaya, Alena, and she longed for her real daughter to be in her arms. She was missing everyone since day one.

   When she lived in the mortal world, she longed for her mother and, not knowingly, her sisters. As we know, she arrived in Encantadia mourning for her father's loss. She finally had her mother and sisters with her but she had lost her father. When Lira was born, she was ecstatic but she also had to lose her mother. She never really had a complete family but when Ybrahim came to her life, everything changed.

   Ybrahim gave her a sense of comfort that she badly needed. He supported her and kept her world upright when everything was going down for her. He was her hand to hold. He was her rest when she was tired. He was her love in the midst of hate. In the middle of a great war, he was her peace. Ybrahim was her home. He gave her the one thing she spent her life longing for — a family.

   It's weird because all the others, their favorite YA scene was the kissing scene but mine was the "Apoy sa Apoy" scene where Amihan swore that she was gonna fight back with the burning anger within her and Ybrahim was there just listening and comforting her, stating words of encouragement. But my favorite part of that scene was the hug that they shared. It wasn't because of the physical kilig it gave all of us but more of the emotional relief it gave to Amihan. If we rewatch that scene(which I have done several times already), you will see how tensed Amihan was when Ybrahim hugged her but later on gave in; the creases on her forehead disappearing. In that same moment, she realized that she didn't need to pretend when she was with him. She realized that she didn't have to be the brave and heroic hara of Lireo which is a good sister, a great leader, a tough warrior, and a strong being with him, she just had to be Amihan. She could be the little girl who is still traumatized about seeing her father die in front of her, the unprepared queen who lost her guiding mother, the sister who was longing for her sisters, the mother that was longing for her daughter. She could be the broken mess that she is and Ybarahim would still be there to love and support her. Ybrahim was her safe haven, that was what she realized.

   From there, they became so comfortable with each other and started falling without them knowing it. Romance was right there waiting for them to just grab onto it. They fell unexpectedly and deeply, too deep for their own liking.

   Even in their 'falling' days, YbraMihan was never patweetams. It was always so mature with them and it never looked malaswa. They could literally be standing in the same room doing nothing and cause a major earthquake made by the fans' screams.

   The sad thing is, though, that when they confessed their love for each other, Amihan was going to die. She had to and we understand that but understanding doesn't take away the pain. Personally, I was so attached to Amihan to the point that I would reprimand myself with the question, "Would Amihan be proud of what you're doing?" Crazy I know, but I really did love her so much already.

   If I had one question to ask Amihan, what would it be? Her next question.

   My answer? Bakit ngayon ka pa aalis kung kailan mahal na kita?

   I think that would be the same question we would all ask maybe just in different ways. We all know the reason but like our Rama Ybrahim said, I can't find it in me to accept it. It's too hard.

   To finish it off, she asked me to describe YbraMihan's love story. She expected a long ass explanation with words other people don't understand but I answered her with only two words that everybody could digest.

   Beautifully tragic.