12 | twelve

| chapter twelve - mrs snape? |

I was in Severus' arms as soon as I stepped from the fireplace, "Are you okay? They didn't hurt you did they?" Severus asked rapidly.

I shook my head against his chest, "I'm okay."

"Then why do you sound like you're about to cry?" He questioned.

I shrugged and broke down crying, Severus scooped me up and carried me to the sofa, "Darling what happened?"

I sobbed loudly and let myself fall apart in Severus' arms, he rubbed my back and held me close.

I felt as Severus' pulled his cloak over my curled up form, encasing me in his scent. I fiddled the buttons on his robes as I cried, Severus didn't loosen his grip on me for one second.

"Em please tell me what happened, stress isn't good for the baby," Severus murmured.

I stilled myself and focused on slowing my breathing, the tears stopped falling and I felt Severus dry my face with a handkerchief. I sighed and lifted my head so that it was resting on Severus' shoulder, my forehead pressed against the base of his neck.

Severus turned his head and kissed my the side of my head, "Who do I have to kill?" He asked, his voice was filled with worry.

I shook my head, "No one."

Severus rubbed my stomach, "Hormones?"

I shrugged, "Probably a contributing factor."

I sighed, "My parents found the photo of us kissing and they were saying awful things about you such as saying you aren't an honorable man, and that they couldn't believe that I would let you impregnate me with your monstrous spawn."

Severus sighed, "Don't let that get to you, it doesn't bother me and it shouldn't bother you because you know the truth."

I shook my head, "That isn't why I'm crying, I dealt with that by yelling at them. My father demanded that I break up with you and I told him no and said that they were the monsters."

Severus chuckled, "That's my girl."

I wasn't in the mood to laugh, "They kicked me out Sev. I don't know why I'm so upset, because I'm so glad that I never have to see them again."

Severus shrugged, "It's because their your parents darling and so it is going to upset you, and your pregnancy hormones aren't helping."

I sat up and leaned in to kiss him, "I hope you don't mind but I took all of my stuff including my furniture and put it in a spare room in your house."

Severus tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "Our house."

"What?" I asked him confused.

"It's our house Emilia," he replied with a kiss.

I smiled, "Two months until we can begin our future."

Severus shook his head, "We've already started our future," he said as he stroked my stomach.

I grinned, "Well yes, I suppose we have."

Severus sighed happily, "I never would of thought that in the space of seven months I would be dating the most beautiful woman in the world and that we would be expecting a child."

I nodded, "These last seven months have been the perfect start to our future."

Severus lifted me off his lap and then stood up, "Severus where are you going?" I asked him.

Severus smiled at me and slowly knelt in front of me, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a white box, "Emilia Quinn Winters, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"