EL| Back to Romance - 21

"All I need in this life of sin is me and my boyfriend

"All I need in this life of sin is me and my boyfriend."
~Beyoncé

Rosè's eyes fluttered a little, almost as if something had curled up and laid right on her pupil without permission but she didn't want to take her eyes off the large building in front of her. It was an arcade, the exact one where she had went on dates with her ex— it used to be her favorite. She swallowed hard, her eyes trying to find somewhere else to focus as Kai wrapped his arm over her shoulder.

"You good?" He asked, looking down at her with steady eyes. Again, he was seeing through her.

"To be honest? I don't know." Rosè admitted, shaking her head. She let out a dry laugh. "My ex use to bring me here... a lot."

"So?" Kai trailed off to let her fill in what importance that would have on their date but after getting no reply, he walked in front of her and turned to stare into her eyes. "Your ex own this place? You think you might bump to him?"

Rosè chewed on her bottom lip, a sort of focus to her stare as she looked at him and shook her head. "I see what you're saying. You're right. I don't know... come on, let's go." She said, grabbing his hand.

"You sure?" He asked, now softening his tone.

Rose nodded. "Fuck him."

As soon as they entered the poorly lit establishment, her past seemed to come to life. The strobe lights flickering off the wall in various colors as the sounds of the games, both console and arcade, ripped through their eardrums in unison. The carpet was the same royal purple it had always been and the walls were black, which was why the place was called "Midnight Gameplay". It was one of the most active and fun arcades out.

They always had events and stuff going on here and ever since Rosè let go of her past, she had let go of this place too. She would've forgotten all about it if Kaivar hadn't brought her.

Kai dragged her by her hand through the rows of games to which one would interest her. Rosè looked from each gaming set until they were standing in front of Fruit Ninja and a smile crept on her face with a memory belonging to her and her sisters.

"Aww," She croaked through a laugh. "Let's play this. Me and my little sisters used to play this all the time, this must be new."

Kai smiled, seeing the progress of her trying. He hadn't known that this place was a soft spot but he wasn't going to let that stop him from having fun with her. Her ex meant nothing to him and shouldn't still have effect on her. He wanted to flood her mind with new memories so that she could forget her past and he didn't care if it would take forever. He hate competition.

"Alright, let's go get some tokens first, damn." Kai said, gripping her hand tighter.

Together, they walked to the front where a big, chubby man was sitting comfortably behind a rectangular display glass container, showing off smaller toes that costed less tickets. Behind him were a bunch of toys and larger stuffed animals that probably cost more.