Let me get your number

Don't stop by Olamide. One of my best songs ever❤️❤️

 One of my best songs ever❤️❤️

"That bit is way past me."

Jake shrugged his shoulders as he left Jeffery alone with his thoughts. And for the first time throughout the day, Jeffery found himself becoming queasy. Why did dad have to come so soon? He thought in dismay.

"What happened Jeffery?" Ifeoma asked, coming up behind him.

"Nothing, nothing." Jeffery replied quickly, clearing his throat at the same time.

"Are you sure? Why do you look so... Umm I don't remember the word." Ifeoma admitted while thinking deeply. English wasn't her best friend at times like this.

"Troubled?" Jeffery asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Yes. That's the exact word. How did I forget that?" Ifeoma slapped her forehead while Jeffery smiled slightly at her furrowed brow. "So why do you look so troubled?"

"Nothing really."

"Are you sure?"

"I am. Now come let's go check on the delicious food my baby is cooking for us."

Ifeoma smiled and hit him lightly on his chest. "Let's go then."

The pot boiled and fumed over the hot temperature at which it was placed on. Ifeoma raised the cover to stop the loud whistling and hot vapour that threatened to push the open the pot.

"Please pass me the fork Jeffery." Ifeoma said while slicing the tomatoes she saw in the fridge.

"Here."

"Thanks sweets." She said carelessly as she turned her attention to the pieces of yam in the pot.

"Sweets?" Jeffery asked.

"Oh!" Ifeoma exclaimed, feeling very embarrassed. She hadn't expected to say her nickname for him out loud. It was just a little thing she had made up and called him when he wasn't paying attention.

"No." Jeffery said and laughed. "Don't look so embarrassed. I promise I love the nickname."

"I'm glad you do." She replied and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "The yam has done already." Ifeoma said, checking on the yams a few more times. "I'll do the eggs now." She announced but Jeffery wasn't even listening to her. All he could think of was the kiss she gave him on the cheek.

"Jeffery!" Ifeoma called again this time snapping him out of his reverie, making him realise that he had been standing–with his hand on the spot she kissed–without doing anything for a long time.