Epilogue(unedited)

Knack am by Yemi Alade❤️

"Nnem it's okay."

"My daughter it is not okay. Do you know how many years I stayed without you here with me?"

"But Nne I've been here for over three months na."

"I know my dear. I still sad that you are going. See now you are robust, next time that you come, you will be thin like broomstick."

"Mama I'm going. I love you."

"I love you too my daughter. Don't forget to eat many food o. Komėsia ."

"Nnem bye bye."

Ifeoma lugged her baggages out of the house with her a smile on her face on tow. Spending three months with her mother after living in the US for some time really brought more life to her. She couldn't believe how much she missed her, not forgetting the bonus of saving some fat on skin for her.

"Can we meet up later?" A text pinged it's way into Ifeoma's phone.

"How? Aren't you still in the states?" She typed back.

"Nahhh. Guess where yo favourite man be now?*wink wink*" came the immediate reply.

"Favourite man indeed. But I can't believe you are back in Africa."

"Lol. I'll text you the location we gonna meet today. I'm taking you out to dinner. Look good as always shawty."

"I'll try."

"I love you gorgeous❤️"

"I know you do."

"I can't wait for you to tell me you love me too." another text came in.

"Bye Javier."

Seven years had passed since Ifeoma was left alone by the people she loved the most in her life. When she felt like she had no one else in her life, Javier had been her rock proving to her that she still had people who loved and adored her.

For more than a year after Jeffery's death, Ifeoma fell into deep depression. Life lost all meaning to her, not even her mother could bring her back to herself. Nothing could make her happy and neither could  anything make her sad. Her reactions to the whole situation proved the popular saying to be true...

The greatest loss of a man isn't death but rather living without hope.

Hope in Ifeoma's opinion wasn't something she could afford, not without Jeffery by her side. It hurt her that she was living without him. How could she enjoy life when he wasn't? How could she eat when he couldn't? How could she be happy when he wasn't the reason for her happiness?

It hurt too much to hope.

Through everything, Javier was the one who believed in her and tried to teach her all over that she had to live. He reminded her that she had to live because that would have been Jeffery's wish if he was still with her.