Chapter 8

"Okay ladies, today we'll be playing dodge ball, I hope you all have your A games together.", coach states and all we can do is whine our misery away."There's a little twist to today's game and...",our coach is interrupted by a male coach and the boys team entering the gym." Today's game will be girls verus boys and will consist of two rounds", the male coach concludes Miss Watkins' statement.

The guys look so competitive with their muscles all toned up and I can't help but to drool at the site of the team captain. I hate to admit that Coby has a to die for body and he's fully dressed, I might add. Coby is the strange guy Maddie was talking to earlier on.

"I am so not ready for this",Maddie whispers into my ear and I'm drawn from my thoughts."Me too", I whisper back.

The whole boys team has huge smirks plastered on their faces and all we could do is pretend to be as competitive as they are.

"The rules for this game are simple, all you need to do is dodge a ball your opponent is throwing towards your direction and if you don't then ding ding ding you're out",the male coach says swinging his hands in the air for dramatic effect.

The game then starts and we're five on each team.Things are fortunately working out for our good as Kelly makes the first shot and takes Bobby out, then Natalia makes the next shot and takes Cameron out. That was the last bit of luck we had because after Cameron was thrown out the tables suddenly turned on us.

Coby then throws the worst shot ever , well for us its the worst as he takes three of my team members out and they all stumble like bowling pins, including Maddie. It's now three against two.

Kelly and I look at each other intensely and prepare ourselves for what could possibly the worst five minutes of our lives. Balls are thrown back and forth and I'm amazed at how my body is able to dodge them all.

Kelly aims for Zack and she hits him right in his abdominal area. Zack limps his way off the court and that somehow makes Tyler and Coby furious as they up their game by a massive 90%.

After a few throws and dodges, I am cornered by Tyler's grin as he aims the ball in my direction but to my surprise he throws the ball right at Kelly's left arm. My heart is pounding really fast as I realize that I am the only one left on my team. "Go Tiff!!", Maddie and Octavia shout their lungs out.

"Come on body , you can't disappoint me now.", I whisper to my body. Coby makes the next shot and I just close my eyes and duck hoping that he doesn't hit me ,and fortunately he doesn't. It's now my turn to make the shot.

The two boys start jumping around trying to distract me and I just smirk at them. My intimidating face seems to work because they were forced huddle and plan their next shot. They seem a bit uncertain as they start arguing about who should make the next shot. I take advantage of their conflict and pull out my brains in order to bag this round.

'If I take ten steps backwards, the distance between us could possibly be about 2 metres , and I'll then take five huge steps forward and throw the ball on my fifth landing, hitting directly on their faces', I mentally plan out my perfect ending."Let's hope they don't break their huddle", I say under my breath as I start walking backwards.

I gain confused looks from my teammates who now stopped yelling out my name. I decide to keep my focus on Coby and Tyler as I now make my third landing. I stumble a bit but regain my balance, and on my fifth landing I make the best shot ever made since the game started. And as the two boys were about to break their huddle, the ball immediately hits them directly on  their cheeks and they instantly turn into a bright shade of red.

'Killing two birds with one stone', my subconscious says and I just smirk at the two maniacs who are now shouting at each other and calling each other fools.

"Yayyyy!!! You did it!", Octavia and Maddie say in high pitched voices and the whole team comes running in my direction. After a few hugs and cheek kisses, we all boogie to the teams victory dance.

After our celebration session, the coach picks out new members who will play in the second round. Luckily for me, I make the bench. I am really exhausted and I don't think my body would be as lucky this time around.

Unfortunately the girls loose in the second round. The two coaches then force us  call it truce by making us shake hands with the boys team. "Good game Tiffany", Coby says as he shakes my hand. I decide not to say anything and just smile back at him and walk away.

I am taken off guard by the way he calls me by my full name as this is the second time he does. Everyone here at school calls me 'Tiff', well not everyone but the little lot that  knows me.

He's a bit weird, correction a lot weird.

*****
That's chapter 8. I know I haven't updated in so long but I've been a bit busy. Thank you so much for reading, I really appreciate it.

xoxo
Love yallz
&God bless :)