Chapter 20

I finally gather the strength to pull away from our passionate kiss, "could you please put me down now Coby", I say in a more demanding tone. I don't like how I've become lately, since when did I go around kissing every other guy from school. I sigh in frustration as soon as Coby puts me down.

I stumble a bit on the sand trying to gain my balance but I fail at that attempt and fall. To my surprise Coby sits down with me and we both start putting on our shoes and there is an awkward silence between us. "Coby what are your intentions with this?", I enquire without looking at him."What are you talking about?", he asks. Wow I seriously can't believe him right now. "Seriously? Are you really gonna play dumb with me? Okay fine let me break it down to you. What I meant was what are your intentions with me, because you have a tendency of just showing up in my life when I least expected it. You make me go out on dates with you and now we're at this beach kissing, when we should actually be at school. To be honest with you Coby, we all know how much of a player you are and I don't want to be one of your latest 'projects'.", I says with complete frustration in my voice. I think I just feel guilty for enjoying the kiss.

"Tiffany, that was just a moment and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by kissing you.", he says. "Okay, next time could you warn me at least, I hate surprises.", I warn him, not that there will be a next time though, I hope. We both laugh at what just happened and I guess I'll make this one slide. "So does that me I'm forgiven?", he asks. "Not yet, I just have one more thing to ask you.", I tell him and he nods, signalling for me to continue. "What's happening between you and Dioxy?", I place it down before him and look straight into his eyes, he seems a bit tense. "Uhhmm, Dioxy and I are just friends, why?", he asks and runs a hand through his hair. "Nothing, and besides it's none of my business. Pardon me for asking.", I tell me knowing that he's lying to my face. He clearly didn't notice that Maddie and I saw him with Dioxy at the pizza place the other day.

I don't know why I care, there's nothing going on between me and Coby and besides me enjoying his company doesn't mean anything. "Can we go back to our friends now?", I ask him and immediately stand up, dust the sand off my damp tracksuit and I start walking, leaving him behind. This was a bad idea. Coby then starts walking behind me.

"Where have you two been?", Zack asks, wiggling his eye brows. "The wise don't kiss and tell, right Tiffany? ", Coby says and winks. What the hell was that for, he practically told them to read between the lines. "Yeah and Coby, uhm... please call me Tiff, only my loved once are entitled to referring to me by my full name, and quiet frankly you aren't a loved one.", the bitter words leave my mouth before I could stop them. Everyone gives me a shocked look and Coby's friends chuckle at the response I had for their friend.

I immediately walk up to the parking lot and all my friends follow. "Tiff are you okay?", Trish asks. "Yeah I'm fine. Uhhm, Maddie can I sleep at your house tonight? I don't feel like going home.", I ask her,"yeah sure. We can go now if you like." She says reading my face and I just nod. "Okay then let's go. You guys can come with us.", she says to the rest of my friends and we all pair up and head to Maddie's house.

-------

The drive to Maddie's house was fairly long and I didn't even say a word. I seemed to have fallen asleep on the way. "Tiff, we're here wake up.", Maddie says in a soft tone. I start looking around and to find that we have arrived at the underground parking leading to Maddie's apartment. We both leave the car and meet up with the rest of our friends at the lift.

We then make it to Maddie's apparent and find her sister sitting on the couch. "Hello ladies", she says and closes her laptop. She looks really happy to have us here. "Hey!", we all respond. "I haven't seen yall in months, Loren have you gained weight? ", she jokes and we all chuckle. "Just lidding,  let me make some space for you guys and besides I need to get ready for my dinner date with hubby.", she says and starts smiling. She then moves up the stairs and heads to her bedroom.

I even forgot how miserable I was before I got here, Maddie's sister is such a bundle of joy. She got married at a young age and she has a house with her husband Nate. Hillary kept this house so that Maddie could take ownership of it after high school. Nate and Hillary have been through so much seeing that they are both very busy people. Hillary says they go out on dates as often as they possibly can. They are such a romantic bunch.

The girls and I decide the chill and eat some ice cream over a nice romcom. I quickly send a text to my mom telling her that I might be staying here for a few weeks seeing that Hillary will be out on business from tomorrow.

Hillary then comes down the stairs looking all glamorous. "Whoooo", we all drool at her beautiful appearance. She's wearing a long red dress. Her dark hair is tied up into a neat bun and she she's wearing a plain diamond necklace that ties everything up. She has matte red lipstick on and her make up is fairly applied, not too much not too little.

"Pick up your jaws ladies", shd says and her white smile lightens up the room. We all gather ourselves together and take notes. "Don't wait up for me, and oh, I'll be back maybe next month but hopefully I'll make it back in three weeks, if I'm lucky. Hubby is waiting and after that business is demanding. Love yall, take care, and Maddie no parties.", she says in a jokingly manner and leaves.

After a few more hours of movies, my friends and I decide to hold a little slumber party in the living room. We place as many pillow on the floor as possible and Maddie grabs a few blankets and we all lie in our home made bed and stare at the ceiling.

"Hey Tiff, you didn't tell us what got u so worked up after you and Coby came back from your walk.", Octavia says.

I didn't want to talk about it but oh well...

*****
Finally done! Tiffany has it hard right? But fortunately she has a great group of friends and they always have her back.
Thank you so much for reading and thanks for all the positive feedback!

xoxo
Love yallz
& God Bless:)