Chapter 9

After the shocking experience at gym , we all go back to the locker rooms and freshen up before lunch.

-------

Lunch goes fairly well and so does the rest of the day , despite my body heavily aching from gym class.

The bell finally rings and my feet immediately lead me outside.

On my way back to Maddie's car I bump into Coby ,"Yo, Tiffany , wait up!." , I ignore him and increase my pace. I can hear him heavily breathing, 'is he seriously running to me?', I inwardly ask myself right before he stands in front of me.

Coby has sparkly green eyes and silky brown hair. His face is a bit pimple infested but that doesn't seem to be a problem, looking at how good he looks. He has cute pinkish lips almost like those of Leonardo DiCarprio and he's about 6 feet tall.

"Can I talk to you?", he asks, as if I have a choice. He's standing right in front of me. My mind is still a bit focused on his attractive face but I snap out of it as soon the words register in my brain."W...what", I struggle to find the words to respond to his request. "Can we talk?", he repeats his question in a more 'dummy' tone."Yeah, I guess.", I say and shrug my shoulders.

"I never really pictured you as the sporty type", he says obviously referring to the game earlier on."Neither have I".. " I thought you were just a brainy bunch , that's all.", he say in a joking manner." Ha ha very funny, that hurts", I fake laugh and break the heart I made with my fingers for dramatic effect."Oops my bad, so what up? Why are you in such a hurry?", he asks, "some of us have homework to do and besides there's nothing left for me here at school for the rest of the day." I respond with enough sass that could last me a lifetime. He bursts into laughter and I instantly flush." Well excuse me if I don't find the humour in my statement", I say in a harsh tone and walk towards Maddie's car leaving Coby behind.

"Hey Madz", I say as I jump into the car, " what took you so long?", Maddie asks and I explain the whole saga to her. " Coby is cute you know.", she says and I just gag at her statement. "Really Tiff, he could suit you just fine." She says as she reverses onto the main road. "Madelyn Cooper what are you on about little girl?", I question her in a fake Texas accent, "Really Tiff, I honestly don't get the whole 'bet' thing." She says.

"You won't just get it Maddie, it's a personal choice and honestly it works perfectly fine for me.", I say with a slight change of tone, "okay, no need to get all worked up, I wanted to see you explore your feminine side. I think its time you get a boyfriend Tiffany,", Maddie says sounding as serious as ever.

"Yeah whatever, its not like I have game or anything, no guy would want to date me, so it's just a waste of time." I honestly state. "What? Tiff are you serious? You are just perfect, you just need a liiiiitle make over.", she says pinching her fingers for emphasis."You think so? Do you really think I would be dating worthy?", I question her in a jokingly manner but curiosity obviously getting the better of me. "Yeah and I have the perfect plan."

"Oh boy! Don't look at me like that Maddie.", I warn her," come on Tiff , please let me give you a little make over, but on one condition though."..."What's the condition?", I nervously ask," that you 'tweak' your bet a little bit."..."Can I at least think about it?." ,,,"Yes you can, and your five minutes start now." She says and looks at her wrist watch.

I don't find the words to argue with her and just start thinking about the issue at hand.

How to 'tweak' my bet?

******
That's chapter 9. I hope you all enjoy it. How do y'all like the book so far? Thank you so much for reading.

xoxo
Love Yallz
& God bless :)