Diamond Heart ~ Yandere! Josuke Higashikata x Reader

"He's going to end up falling in love with you~" Your male friend teased with a smirk, You in turn shook your head "like anyone would fall in love after being helped in a few assignments, and buying lunch for him" F/n snickered in turn your fist playfully hitting his arm. "Besides you know what I'm like...I'm not into the whole dating/love thing"

He sighed in response casual as ever about it "Just a heads up now, I've never seen Higashikata act like he has been around the flock of chicks that follow him nearly everywhere" Those girls were pretty odd, to say the least as you never saw any better determination in trying to get with Josuke. You assumed he was nice enough not to take advantage of their naive ways, your friend was right maybe you should confront him about it. Then hopefully he'd lose interest and everything would all blow over like nothing happened. That's whenever he would be around the area of course.

"Well see you later" Your friend and you eventually parted ways, your home wasn't far. Thoughts began to wander with your e/c eyes staring towards the ground. Then you hit something solid while going into the driveway of your residence. It felt like you were going to fall backwards but you never did. Something you couldn't see pushed you forward before you realized it you were on the chest of a familiar altered uniform. "Oh, y/n I was looking for you" Immediately turning red you back off from the male in front of you.

"Really? Uh what did you need?" You questioned

"Well I wanted to pay you back from the other month you covered me for lunch, so I was wondering if you wanted to...have dinner with me?" The pompadour haired teen shrugged. You insisted he didn't have to do that, getting money in return was all that you needed. You nervously walk around telling him that it was much appreciated. Up the steps you went your hands fumbled to take out the keys to the door of your house. You suddenly stopped when he was about to turn around and leave.

"Uh hold on a sec Josuke, I want to talk about something real quick" You watched him freeze and turn around, his soft blue eyes gently looking into yours. You confronted him asking if there were any feelings involved with this gesture. Not that you were trying to be rude it's just you wanted to reassure yourself the two of you were just well acquainted people. He shook his head "No..no I should've figured asking that" a nervous laugh came after as he muttered about taking someone's advice in the first place. An uncertain small smile pursed on your thinking to yourself that you didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings since your not a romantically involved person.

"Well since you said no...I should probably give you what I owe" He pulled the exact amount out of his pocket before putting it into your s/c hands. After a goodbye he walked down the sidewalk while you found yourself running to the door with a key inserted into its lock. Quickly you entered the house and shut the door quickly. Just hopefully the next time school was in session in the coming days this wouldn't mean anything at all.

All the while the male was thinking to himself that he may have been too strong on that offering. It stung just a little but he should've known better. On the plus side it made it certain to him that he had feelings for you even if it didn't seem to be reciprocated. How nice you were without any motive behind it, you just felt different from the rest even though you had only been here around four months. Though these feelings seemed more difficult to shake off than usual. Falling in love wasn't quite what he planned to do in high school...

"Josuke!" Out of the corner of his eyes he saw Koichi and Okuyasu walking down his way.

"We saw you head to chicks house earlier, Did you ask about the dinner thing?" Okuyasu asked rather ecstatically

"I did but I pulled it back and just went and paid her the money that she bought me lunch"

"Was she upset? I really hope she isn't uncomfortable..." Koichi added on