Chapter 28: The Talk

I added the 'Hurts Good' music video if you haven't seen it. (If you haven't seen it we can't be friends.)

***********************************

He stares blankly at me for a second. A long second. Then his eyebrows furrow, "What are you talking about?"

All I feel in that moment is hurt. Complete and utter hurt. He doesn't even know what I'm talking about.

How could he not know what I'm talking about?

Maybe because he thought you were asleep and he doesn't know that you heard him.

Now what do I say? I can't let him know what I heard. He obviously doesn't want me to know or else he would've told me while I was awake.

"Laura?" Ross' voice interrupts my thoughts. I hesitantly look up into his eyes which are still filled with confusion.

"Laur, what did I say that has you so worked up?" He asks, "I don't remember saying anything out of the ordinary."

I shake my head a little and look down again, "Don't worry about it. I'm making a big deal out of nothing."

Ross sighs and lifts my chin up with the end of his finger so I'm forced to make eye contact with him, "Laura. Just tell me what.." He suddenly stops. He drops his finger from my chin and his eyes visibly widen.

He knows. He knows that I heard.

He opens his mouth slowly to say something but is interrupted when Raini comes back into the room, "Hey, Laura, can you help me in the kitchen for a minute?"

I immediately nod and step away from Ross, following Raini into the kitchen.

"You're a life saver." I tell Raini when I think we're out of earshot. I definitely don't want Ross to hear the conversation that is about to go down.

She gives me a small and knowing smile before turning to the redhead in the room, "Calum, go entertain Ross. Laura and I have things to discuss."

Calum opens his mouth to complain but when he sees the stern look on Raini's face he simply lets out a huff and leaves the kitchen.

Raini turns around to face me as I lean my side against the counter, "What is going on between you and Rockstar in there?"

I sigh and close my eyes for a brief second before opening them again, "It's nothing really. Don't worry about it Raini."

"Don't lie to me, Laura Marano. I see right through you. Tell me what's going on." Raini demands in the same stern tone she used with Calum.

I take a moment to gather my thoughts and think about where to begin. I'm just about to tell her about the other night when suddenly the door to the kitchen bursts open. The one and only Ross Lynch rushes through the doorway.

"Laura, we need to talk." He states. He quickly walks straight over to me and grabs my hand. Then, he turns and heads towards the living room with me in tow.

"Hey!" I hear Raini exclaim behind me.

"I tried to stop him but he was too persistent!" Calum says. I'm not sure whether he was talking to me or to the curly headed, most likely angry, Raini Rodriguez.