//Chapter 33//

Chapter Aesthetics: 

🌸🌸🌸  

We were #141 in Spiritual! Please vote, comment and share this story as much as you can. It means everything when readers share their thoughts through commenting and appreciate my writing through voting! 

Also TRIGGER WARNING: brief mention of drug abuse and sexual abuse.

I  woke to the sound of my mother shuffling around in my room. I cracked my eyes open enough to watch her as she rummaged through my closet, probably looking for something I could wear to impress my future in laws. 

In laws. I'm nineteen. Too young for this, too young to be thinking about in laws and marriage and wedding dates. 

"Good you're awake," She walks over to me and sits down on the edge of the bed, "Go and shower they'll be here in an hour." 

I don't reply, or give any sort of indication that I hear what she's saying. She eventually gets up and leaves after placing a yellow dress on the hooks on the back of my door. Picking out clothes for me came naturally to her. Controlling every single aspect of my life was like breathing, eating, drinking. I wonder what she did when I left, she really must've had nothing to do. 

I begrudgingly get up off the bed and walk to my bathroom to shower. I stop when I see myself in the mirror. The bruise on my forehead hasn't lightened, my skin is blotchy, my eyes are red and puffy. I look like a mess. I am a mess aren't I? 

In the shower I turn the water to hot- too hot, hot enough to slightly scald my skin, hot enough to burn just a little bit on impact. It all came rushing back; Kate, the hospital, being told I'm probably getting married in two days, Seid's phone call. 

It didn't make sense. Every time he mentioned running away or saving me, I lost it. I didn't want saving from someone, I don't want to owe anyone anything, I don't want to complicate mine and Seid's relationship even more than it already is. I didn't want to be a liability- being dragged far away from all my problems but becoming his problem in the process. 

But do I feel so strongly about this that to avoid owing anyone anything I'm ready to marry Zayn? 

There was still something about Zayn I haven't been told, I know it. For a long time I truly believed that it'll work out with him that it'll be like one of those romance novels where the girl fixes the guy and they live happily ever after but I can't anymore. I can't give him the benefit of doubt without even knowing him.