//Chapter 36//

Chapter Aesthetics: 

🌸🌸🌸

The email was short. Shorter than I wanted it to be.

Hi, I hope you're doing well. I didn't know how else to reach you so I hope you check your email often.

Here's a number I thought you might want to call.

-S

I clicked on the attachment which was a contact.

It was a New York number. Did he give me his own number? So he could talk to me? No, this is Seid I'm talking about, if  he wanted to talk he would just call me and keep calling. Plus I already have his number.

I'm kind of disappointed by the email.

But then again what was I expecting? A long note? A love confession? A plea for me to come back to him because life without me wasn't worth living?

Wishful thinking will be the death of me I swear.

I read the generic email over and over again. Am I supposed to reply to this? Should I?

Well first things first, I pull out my phone and dial the number slowly. Before hitting the green call button I take a deep breath. Preparing myself for whatever- whoever was gonna be on the other end. I don't know what I'll do if it really is Seid.

Hang up quickly.

Yeah that would be the most mature thing to do. After the fourth beep I'm growing wary, but my curiosity is in no way dying down. Right when I'm about to hang up someone picks up.

"Who's this?" a gruff voice sounds on the other end and I immediately draw in my breath.

"Hello?"

"Yes?" it's definitely a man's voice and he sounds like he was sleeping.

"Who is this?" I ask nervously. Why the hell would Seid send me the number of some random dude I don't know?

"You called, you should know," the man replies irritably.

"Well you see my friend gave me your number so..." I trail off. What the hell am I doing annoying this poor man?

"Is this supposed to be a prank call?" he sounds angry.

"No-"

"If it is then it's the world's worst prank call ever," he says cutting me off.

"Well it's not," I reply indignantly. Little does he know I'm very good at prank calls.

"Are you done?" he sounds exhausted.

"I'm sorry I disturbed you, my friend Seid just randomly emailed me your number," I tell him hoping that Seid's name might help somehow- and I'm just about to tell him goodbye when I hear the loud gasp that escapes him.